Clear All

• Tango Tiger
    replied
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/of..._scorer_10.jsp

Leave a comment:

• traveler
    replied
    Thank you for the help.

I have however run in to some more scoring/stat questions. So again any help is greatly appreciated.

First does anyone know of a reference book or website that gives scoring and stat rules? I have tried some online sources but they seem very basic and obviously have not answered my questions. Which are...

On a dropped third strike where the batter is thrown out at first. Is this recorded as a strike out for the pitcher? Is it an assist and a putout for the catcher and firstbaseman?

On a dropped third strike where the batter is safe at first.
    Is this a strike out for the pitcher though no out was recorded?

If the batter reached first on the dropped third strike because of a wild pitch or passed ball how is it scored?

How about if the batter reached on a throwing error by the catcher?
    If the runner eventually scores is it an earned run?

Are runs that score because of a passed ball or wild pitch earned runs?

Please enlighten me.

Leave a comment:

• SABR Matt
    replied
    Especially if you're Cuban and therefore plunk more batters than you walk...LOL

Leave a comment:

• Mike D.
    replied
    OBP percentage does use HBP. Here's the forumula:

(Hits + Walks + Hit-By-Pitch) divided by (At Bats + Walks+ Hit-By-Pitch + Sac Flys)

WHIP does not use HBP, although I bet it'd make it a more accurate stat if it did.
    Last edited by Mike D.; 03-22-2006, 09:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by traveler
    I'm doing baseball statistics for my sons team. I can't find any information on how to treat hit by pitch (HBP). Do you include it in a pitcher's WHIP (walks plus hits/innings pitched? Do you include it in a hitters on base percentage (OBP)?
    I've never heard of HBP being included in WHIP

Leave a comment:

• traveler
    started a topic stats

stats

I'm doing baseball statistics for my sons team. I can't find any information on how to treat hit by pitch (HBP). Do you include it in a pitcher's WHIP (walks plus hits/innings pitched? Do you include it in a hitters on base percentage (OBP)?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X