Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progressing Toward Better Stats Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With careers complete now, can you run Alex Rodriguez, David Ortiz, Mark Teixeira, and Carl Crawford figures?

    Thanks! :crossfingers:
    Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
    http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

    Comment


    • And if this process is pretty time consuming, just ortiz and a rod would be great...thanks in advance
      Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
      http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

      Comment


      • Sorry for the delay been busy with other stuff. Arod has been added to the main chart. He comes in at 141.8, tied with McGriff. He's just behind Reggie and just ahead if Kiner. Worth noting that when weighing by 10k PA he gets a major bump up to 151. Will get to those others asap.
        "By common consent, Ruth was the hardest hitter of history; a fine fielder, if not a finished one; an inspired base runner, seeming to do the right thing without thinking. He had the most perfect co-ordination of any human animal I ever knew." - Hugh Fullerton, 1936 (Chicago sports writer, 1893-1930's)

        ROY / ERA+ Title / Cy Young / WS MVP / HR Title / Gold Glove / Comeback POY / BA Title / MVP / All Star / HOF

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sultan_1895-1948 View Post
          Sorry for the delay been busy with other stuff. Arod has been added to the main chart. He comes in at 141.8, tied with McGriff. He's just behind Reggie and just ahead if Kiner. Worth noting that when weighing by 10k PA he gets a major bump up to 151. Will get to those others asap.
          Thanks sultan, my work schedule has been ridiculous too, no worries good man.
          Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
          http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

          Comment


          • For the DNRA++ info, if I understand correctly, the WAA is strictly pitching only?
            Please confirm if my assumption is good

            If so, the biggest gaps between Baseball Reference raw and DNRA++ for WAA is:

            B-R WAA, DNRA++, Gap, Hurler:
            Guys gaining 2 or more WAA
            33.7 40.1 6.4 Walsh
            31.9 37.2 5.3 Feller
            26.5 30.9 4.4 Faber
            92.7 97.1 4.4 WJohnson
            39.0 43.3 4.3 Spahn
            19.2 23.5 4.3 Rixey
            13.2 17.4 4.2 CMays
            29.4 33.5 4.1 MBrown
            18.3 22.3 4.0 Gomez
            37.0 40.9 3.9 Hubbell
            24.2 27.7 3.5 Cicotte
            27.4 30.9 3.5 Ford
            16.1 19.5 3.4 Hoyt
            25.8 28.8 3.0 Lyons
            26.8 29.8 3.0 Drysdale
            7.3_ 10.2 2.9 Pennock
            33.8 36.6 2.8 Coveleski
            8.1_ 10.7 2.6 Zachary
            10.3 12.6 2.3 Root
            28.2 30.4 2.2 Marichal
            4.9_ 6.9_ 2.0 Sherdel
            14.0 16.0 2.0 Wynn
            12.4 14.4 2.0 Uhle

            Guys losing 2 or more WAA:
            91.5 79.9 (11.6Clemens
            65.6 55.9 (9.7) Rjohnson
            69.0 60.0 (9.0) Nichols
            49.6 43.0 (6.6) Blyleven
            61.9 55.5 (6.4) Maddux
            59.8 53.8 (6.0) PMartinez
            33.2 27.3 (5.9) Tiant
            51.9 46.0 (5.9) Schilling
            45.7 39.9 (5.8) Keefe
            99.5 93.8 (5.7) Young
            48.3 43.1 (5.2) Niekro
            7.4_ 2.6_ (4.8) Morris
            46.4 41.7 (4.7) Mussina
            17.6 13.0 (4.6) Tanana
            4.3_ 0.0_ (4.3) Kaat
            38.4 34.3 (4.1) KBrown
            10.3 6.2_ (4.1) Moyer
            36.4 32.9 (3.5) Glavine
            33.9 30.4 (3.5) Cone
            30.7 27.4 (3.3) Oswalt
            12.3 9.2_ (3.1) DMartinez
            23.3 20.3 (3.0) Hershiser
            22.4 19.5 (2.9) Gooden
            5.4_ 2.9_ (2.5) Drabek
            40.4 38.0 (2.4) Jenkins
            31.7 29.7 (2.0) Radbourn
            70.1 68.1 (2.0) Grove
            Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
            http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jar of Flies View Post
              For the DNRA++ info, if I understand correctly, the WAA is strictly pitching only?
              Please confirm if my assumption is good

              If so, the biggest gaps between Baseball Reference raw and DNRA++ for WAA is:

              B-R WAA, DNRA++, Gap, Hurler:
              Guys gaining 2 or more WAA
              33.7 40.1 6.4 Walsh
              31.9 37.2 5.3 Feller
              26.5 30.9 4.4 Faber
              92.7 97.1 4.4 WJohnson
              39.0 43.3 4.3 Spahn
              19.2 23.5 4.3 Rixey
              13.2 17.4 4.2 CMays
              29.4 33.5 4.1 MBrown
              18.3 22.3 4.0 Gomez
              37.0 40.9 3.9 Hubbell
              24.2 27.7 3.5 Cicotte
              27.4 30.9 3.5 Ford
              16.1 19.5 3.4 Hoyt
              25.8 28.8 3.0 Lyons
              26.8 29.8 3.0 Drysdale
              7.3_ 10.2 2.9 Pennock
              33.8 36.6 2.8 Coveleski
              8.1_ 10.7 2.6 Zachary
              10.3 12.6 2.3 Root
              28.2 30.4 2.2 Marichal
              4.9_ 6.9_ 2.0 Sherdel
              14.0 16.0 2.0 Wynn
              12.4 14.4 2.0 Uhle

              Guys losing 2 or more WAA:
              91.5 79.9 (11.6Clemens
              65.6 55.9 (9.7) Rjohnson
              69.0 60.0 (9.0) Nichols
              49.6 43.0 (6.6) Blyleven
              61.9 55.5 (6.4) Maddux
              59.8 53.8 (6.0) PMartinez
              33.2 27.3 (5.9) Tiant
              51.9 46.0 (5.9) Schilling
              45.7 39.9 (5.8) Keefe
              99.5 93.8 (5.7) Young
              48.3 43.1 (5.2) Niekro
              7.4_ 2.6_ (4.8) Morris
              46.4 41.7 (4.7) Mussina
              17.6 13.0 (4.6) Tanana
              4.3_ 0.0_ (4.3) Kaat
              38.4 34.3 (4.1) KBrown
              10.3 6.2_ (4.1) Moyer
              36.4 32.9 (3.5) Glavine
              33.9 30.4 (3.5) Cone
              30.7 27.4 (3.3) Oswalt
              12.3 9.2_ (3.1) DMartinez
              23.3 20.3 (3.0) Hershiser
              22.4 19.5 (2.9) Gooden
              5.4_ 2.9_ (2.5) Drabek
              40.4 38.0 (2.4) Jenkins
              31.7 29.7 (2.0) Radbourn
              70.1 68.1 (2.0) Grove
              If this is the case, we need to look at why dnraa++ is moving guys from one group of a few decades collectively one direction and the exact opposite for recent decades. There is a pretty staggaring pre expansion/post expansion correlation here. Very unlikey a coincidence.
              1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

              1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

              1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


              The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
              The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

              Comment


              • bumping up for my reference.

                Comment


                • bumping up

                  Comment


                  • bumpada bump

                    Comment


                    • Brett for somebody who prefers WAA over WAR and who prefers to value 7 and 10 year best seasons when ranking...how would you incorporate that into some kind of formula. Let's say you wanted to include slugging efficiency, rrOPS+ WAA, wRC+...what else...isn't there a WAA7 or something that looks at their best 7 seasons? Am I thinking of VEEP or VORP or whatever
                      "By common consent, Ruth was the hardest hitter of history; a fine fielder, if not a finished one; an inspired base runner, seeming to do the right thing without thinking. He had the most perfect co-ordination of any human animal I ever knew." - Hugh Fullerton, 1936 (Chicago sports writer, 1893-1930's)

                      ROY / ERA+ Title / Cy Young / WS MVP / HR Title / Gold Glove / Comeback POY / BA Title / MVP / All Star / HOF

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by brett View Post
                        bumpada bump
                        ........................
                        "By common consent, Ruth was the hardest hitter of history; a fine fielder, if not a finished one; an inspired base runner, seeming to do the right thing without thinking. He had the most perfect co-ordination of any human animal I ever knew." - Hugh Fullerton, 1936 (Chicago sports writer, 1893-1930's)

                        ROY / ERA+ Title / Cy Young / WS MVP / HR Title / Gold Glove / Comeback POY / BA Title / MVP / All Star / HOF

                        Comment


                        • Sultan, not sure if it's my connection, but I can't download any of the Excel documents in post 1.

                          Was wondering if you had updated David Ortiz?

                          If you have time, a bakers dozen requests:
                          Lance Berkman
                          Reggie Smith
                          Jeff Kent
                          Will Clark
                          Cesar Cedeno
                          David Concepcion
                          Phil Rizzuto
                          Harry Hooper
                          Joe Sewell
                          Toby Harrah
                          Kiki Cuyler
                          Heinie Groh
                          Zack Wheat

                          Thanks in helping me sort out my personal hall of fame!
                          Last edited by Jar of Flies; 09-24-2018, 06:38 PM.
                          Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
                          http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

                          Comment


                          • Phenomenal stuff

                            Edit: Do Griffey...
                            Last edited by bluesky5; 09-27-2018, 08:34 PM.
                            "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post
                              Phenomenal stuff

                              Edit: Do Griffey...
                              The initial post is only a partial list of what the guys have tackled, the file I saved from March of 2017 has 178 players, including Griffey Jr.

                              130.0 rrOPS+
                              133.9 rrOPS+
                              136 raw OPS
                              83.6 WAR
                              76.6 rrWAR+
                              -7.0 diff
                              Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
                              http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jar of Flies View Post
                                Sultan, not sure if it's my connection, but I can't download any of the Excel documents in post 1.

                                Was wondering if you had updated David Ortiz?

                                If you have time, a bakers dozen requests:
                                Lance Berkman
                                Reggie Smith
                                Jeff Kent
                                Will Clark
                                Cesar Cedeno
                                David Concepcion
                                Phil Rizzuto
                                Harry Hooper
                                Joe Sewell
                                Toby Harrah
                                Kiki Cuyler
                                Heinie Groh
                                Zack Wheat

                                Thanks in helping me sort out my personal hall of fame!
                                Will try to get around to em been kinda busy.

                                Post #69 has the original post

                                not sure about the excel file, will look into it
                                "By common consent, Ruth was the hardest hitter of history; a fine fielder, if not a finished one; an inspired base runner, seeming to do the right thing without thinking. He had the most perfect co-ordination of any human animal I ever knew." - Hugh Fullerton, 1936 (Chicago sports writer, 1893-1930's)

                                ROY / ERA+ Title / Cy Young / WS MVP / HR Title / Gold Glove / Comeback POY / BA Title / MVP / All Star / HOF

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X