No announcement yet.

Multi-Sport Minor Leaguers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver Broncos SS John Lynch Got Drafted By The Marlins. He pitched in the minors.
    I know that your a sucker, for anything acoustic
    -Brand New

Comment

delete this post please
      Last edited by Ex-Expo fan; 10-31-2005, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Expo fan
        delete please
        what???????????

Comment

Originally posted by Ichiro51
          Danny Ainge was in the minor league for a while.
          He was also in the majors, too.

No one has mentioned Deion Sanders or Brian Jordan yet. Granted, both made it beyond the minors to the majors.

Comment

According to former Major leaguer Al Martin he played football for USC in the late 1980's but no one remembers him from the team

Comment

How about Bo Jackson???
              I know that your a sucker, for anything acoustic
              -Brand New

Comment

Originally posted by Mischa
                Bill Sharman played several years in the minors, making it as far as AAA.
                Correction: Bill Sharman made the major leagues with the Brooklyn Dodgers and rode the pine for 3 games at the end of the 1951 season. He was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the season's last game, and he remains the only major league PLAYER to be thrown out of a game without ever playing in a major league game.

Comment

Originally posted by tommydale1
                  Correction: Bill Sharman made the major leagues with the Brooklyn Dodgers and rode the pine for 3 games at the end of the 1951 season. He was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the season's last game, and he remains the only major league PLAYER to be thrown out of a game without ever playing in a major league game.
                  as far as anyone knows that is true - it is possible that it happened earlier and we don't about it

Comment

Pro Bowlers

Candinotti and John Burkett both tried professional bowling, but only on the regional level. I remember Burkett bowling in the World's Championship, which is open to all professionals whereas bowlers need to qualify for other tour stops. He didn't do anything good and obviously has never made the TV or even a cut for that matter, but he did bowl professionally, as I'm sure many other baseball players have. There are alot of similarities between bowling and pitching.
                    Chairman Emeritus of the r/baseballHOF

Comment

Originally posted by EricGotMunsoned
                      There are alot of similarities between bowling and pitching.
                      Ah, so you were watching the Indians pitchers in the 70s and 80s too
                      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Bet you guys didn't know this one. He stopped playing baseball in the 8th grade and went of to college to to follow his future in football. After 2 years of playing college a guy by the name of Michael Vick got drafted by the Rockies in 2000 30th round pick without play baseball since 8th grade.... Thats how good of a arm this guy has.. luckly he never played proball...
                        Last edited by MiamiBaseball; 02-06-2006, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X