everybody is on the block...except...
    Scott Kazmir
    Jorge Cantu
    Carl Crawford
    Rocco Baldelli

Comment

Originally posted by jeterMVP
      hooray...the yankees finally have prospects :gt
      Don't get too excited. They'll wind up trading them in order to have high profile, over priced, over the hill players who are more concerned about their individual stats than they are about playing within a team and working towards a team championship.

Comment

What do they call a prospect? Is Howie Kendrick not on there because he's already a major leaguer?
        "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

The worst job in sports is be stuck in the Yankees system. The ML club will just buy some free agent at your postion and relegate you as useless for the franchise. The best hope for a Yankee minor leaguer is to be traded to another franchise in one of the organizations midseason, veteran-seeking deals.

Comment

thanks, basepath
            good info...i have 5 of the top 13 on my CPFD team

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna
              The worst job in sports is be stuck in the Yankees system. The ML club will just buy some free agent at your postion and relegate you as useless for the franchise. The best hope for a Yankee minor leaguer is to be traded to another franchise in one of the organizations midseason, veteran-seeking deals.
              That is not necessarily true.

Melky, Cano, Wang, Bruney, Beam, Smith, Karstens, Thompson, Cannizarro and a few others have gotten call ups.
              "After my fourth season I asked for $43,000 and General Manager Ed Barrow told me, 'Young man, do you realize Lou Gehrig, a 16-year-man, is playing for only $44,000?' I said, Mr. Barrow, there is only one answer to that - Mr. Gehrig is terribly underpaid."- Yankees outfielder Joe DiMaggio

Comment

Originally posted by dmbfan
                Don't get too excited. They'll wind up trading them in order to have high profile, over priced, over the hill players who are more concerned about their individual stats than they are about playing within a team and working towards a team championship.
                i hope not but since brian cashman has more say in who stays and who goes i think he's going to try and keep his prospects
                everybody is on the block...except...
                Scott Kazmir
                Jorge Cantu
                Carl Crawford
                Rocco Baldelli

Comment

Mike Pelfrey #12

Comment

Felix Pie #51 i really cant believe it! what happened to all the good cubs prospects? prior? injured... wood also...:noidea

Comment

is this just baseball's top prospects, or literally top prospects for 2007?

cus i don't think hughes or gordon are supposed to play in 07, are they?
                      Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

I would imagine the Gordon will be in KC for the better part of 2007. Not so sure on Hughes. He'll probably be in AAA for most of the year. I think they are talking about overall prospects, not actually ready for 2007 guys

Comment

im shocked to see Adam Lind not at least on the top five above at least one of those guys, i focus lots on the minor leagues and i really cant say ive notist many of those guys to be that great.

Comment

I'm rooting for #39 - the ultimate big-name prospect...

Jarrod Salatalamacchia.

I sure hope he doesn't get traded to the Yankees or the Red Sox, so we can see how they fit his name on his uniform.

Comment

I think we're all awaiting that day....lol. It is tempting to see what he'd bring on the trade market though.
                              4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
                              http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X