Affiliation Changes: 2006-2007 offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliation Changes: 2006-2007 offseason

There have been a lot of changes in the Minors this offseason, as there are most years. It's pretty hard to keep track, so I made this thread so we can update one another about teams changing their major league affiliations.

Here's the International League Roundup:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/thumbs/935.gif The Scranton Wilkes-Barre Red Barons became the New York Yankees affiliate (formerly Philadelphia Phillies)

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/thumbs/931.gif The Ottawa Lynx became the Philadelphia Phillies affiliate (formerly Baltimore Orioles)

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/thumbs/930.gif The Norfolk Tides became the Baltimore Orioles affiliate (formerly New York Mets)

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/thumbs/1020.gif The New Orleans Zephyrs (PCL) became the New York Mets affiliate (formerly Washington Nationals)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ippers_100.png The Columbus Clippers became the Washington Nationals afflilate (formerly New York Yankees)

A pretty big, sometimes confusing 5-team swap of AAA affiliates involving 2 leagues. If anyone can help explaining some of the changes in other leagues, it would be a big help.

ps- below is what will be the new color scheme of the red barons logo... not very red anymore now that they're with the yankees...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hudsonharden; 12-09-2006, 06:26 PM.
    sigpic
    Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Wow, I never realized that my favorite Baseball team could be gone at any time at the snp of a finger. I hope the chiefs become the longest affiliation haha, I most likelly wont live past the day the Jays sell the Skychiefs even though they signed a contract going threw 2010 a couple of months ago.

Comment

Didn't New Orleans switch from Houston to Washington last year? Or was that the year before?

Comment

Originally posted by The Toy Cannon
        Didn't New Orleans switch from Houston to Washington last year? Or was that the year before?
        I believe New Orleans was a Washington Nationals affiliate for two years. Prior to that, The Zephyrs were Houston's AAA franchise until they were replaced by The Round Rock Express, who had been Houston's AA franchise, replaced by the Corpus Cristi Hooks. Washington/Montreal's old AAA franchise, the Edmonton Trappers, was dissolved and is no longer in existence.
        sigpic
        Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Comment

is milb.com being dumb, or are the Lancaster SkyHawks (or nighthawks or blackhawks or osmething like that) now a red sox affiliate?
          Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24
            is milb.com being dumb, or are the Lancaster SkyHawks (or nighthawks or blackhawks or osmething like that) now a red sox affiliate?
            The Jethawks are now a red sox affiliate.

http://www.jethawks.com/

Im diggin the new red sox logo in the corner of the page.

Comment

What happpened to the Pawtucket Pawsox?

Comment

What happpened to the Pawtucket Pawsox?, them and the Chiefs had a good rivallary.

Comment

Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
                  What happpened to the Pawtucket Pawsox?
                  Theyre still there... Lancaster is Single-A, Pawtucket is AAA

Comment

Toronto dropped their Rookie affiliation with the Pulaski (Virginia) Blue Jays. Since they also owned the team, baseball in Pulaski is questionable this coming season. The Appy League website still lists them as a team but it hasn't been updated since this tragic news came out. I'm really disappointed in Toronto over this. I spent a good deal of money at that park this summer, watching their "big money" high school draftee Travis Snider. Attendence was good for our location averaging between 700 to 1000 per night. For Appy league that is pretty good. Bluefield Orioles has only 300 to 500.

Hopefully someone picks up this team. They play in a historic ballpark. A beautiful place to take in a ballgame.
                    =======================
                    Senior Circuit. Pure baseball.

Comment

Well that sucks, I wonder where Snyder is going to play next season, I'm hoping he will play in Class "A" in Dunedin or maybe just in Aburn.

Comment

Other changes

AA
                        Tennessee Smokies - were D-Backs, now Cubs
                        West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx - were Cubs, now Mariners
                        San Antonio Missions - were Mariners, now Padres
                        Mobile Bay Bears - were Padres, now D-Backs

Hi A
                        San Bernadino Inland Empire 66ers - were Mariners, now Dodgers
                        Vero Beach - were Dodgers, now D-Rays
                        Visalia Oaks - were D-Rays, now D-Backs
                        Lancaster JetHawks - were D-Backs, now Red Sox
                        Wilmington Blue Rocks - were Red Sox, now Royals
                        High Desert Mavericks - were Royals, now Mariners

Low A
                        Columbus Catfish - were Dodgers, now Devil Rays
                        Hagerstown Suns - were Mets, now Nationals
                        Savannah Sand Gnats - were Nationals, now Mets
                        The Southwest Michigan Devil Rays moved and are now the Great Lakes Loons a Dodger affiliate.

SSA
                        State College Spikes - were Cardinals, now Pirates
                        Williamsport Crosscutters - were Pirates, now Phillies
                        Batavia Muckdogs - were Phillies, now Cardinals

R
                        Burlington - were Indians, now Royals
                        Pulaski - were Blue Jays and still waiting....
                        Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

thanks a ton, Biggtone23, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Interesting that the Wilmington Blue Rocks are back to being a Royals affiliate. Keep us posted if you hear anything about the Pulaski Blue Jays.
                          sigpic

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24
                            The Jethakws are indeed a Red Sox affiliate, replaceing the Wilmington Blue Rocks(A- Carolina League) who became a Kansas City Royals affiliate.
                            Best posts ever:
                            Originally posted by nymdan
                            Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                            I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

High Desert Mavericks - were Royals, now Mariners
                              Hahaha! Good luck with that, Seattle. Seriously though, High Desert is a nightmare. Every hitting prospect looks like a future All-Star and every pitching prospect... What am I saying? There aren't any pitching prospects in High Desert! It's so bad that a lot of guys in the Royals organization believed that players (especially pitchers) were developing bad habits from playing there. The ultimate test for a pitching prospect was to make it through the hellish battle field known only as High Desert. "If he can make it through that, he can get through anything!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X