No announcement yet.

Affiliation Changes: 2006-2007 offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard from a friend of mine in the Sox organization that the main reason, other than money of course for having Lancaster become a sox club, is to build a solid fan/draft base in California. Don't know if it's true though....
    Check out my site devoted to the greatness of college summer leagues.

Comment

Anyone know what the new name for the Vero Beach Dodgers will be, now that they are a Devil Rays affiliate? I suppose it could be the Vero Beach Devil Rays, but maybe they'll find something a little more creative. Vero Beach Lemons? They could keep the same logo...
      sigpic
      Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Originally posted by hudsonharden
        Anyone know what the new name for the Vero Beach Dodgers will be, now that they are a Devil Rays affiliate? I suppose it could be the Vero Beach Devil Rays, but maybe they'll find something a little more creative. Vero Beach Lemons? They could keep the same logo...
        So far, it looks like the Vero Beach Rays.
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Biggtone23
          West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx - were Cubs, now Mariners
          San Antonio Missions - were Mariners, now Padres
          Can someone tell me the use of the Mariners moving their AA team from the West Coast to the Eastern part of the country? Nowadays you see a trend of moving the minor league affiliates closer to home, but they do the opposite.
          Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 11-15-2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spute
            Hahaha! Good luck with that, Seattle. Seriously though, High Desert is a nightmare. Every hitting prospect looks like a future All-Star and every pitching prospect... What am I saying? There aren't any pitching prospects in High Desert! It's so bad that a lot of guys in the Royals organization believed that players (especially pitchers) were developing bad habits from playing there. The ultimate test for a pitching prospect was to make it through the hellish battle field known only as High Desert. "If he can make it through that, he can get through anything!"
            Brad Penny (Marlins, Dodgers) is a bust in the Majors. But duck when you tell him.

The reason the Royals gave for leaving High Desert was that they didn't like the clubhouse facilities.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bluezebra
              Brad Penny (Marlins, Dodgers) is a bust in the Majors. But duck when you tell him.

The reason the Royals gave for leaving High Desert was that they didn't like the clubhouse facilities.

Bob
              I'm pretty sure I've read interviews in which Royals officials talked about the difficulties of developing pitchers in high desert. Maybe they left because they didn't like the facilities, but I think its terrible deviance from "normal baseball" makes it a bad place to develop players.

Comment

Affiliation Changes

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                Can someone tell me the use of the Mariners moving their AA team from the West Coast to the Eastern part of the country? Nowadays you see a trend of moving the minor league affiliates closer to home, but they do the opposite.
                You are right, every team wants to have their minor league teams closer to home, especailly at the AAA level but also at AA. However, sometimes teams get caught up in the moves by other teams and are just plain left out. The craziest part of minor league baseball came about with the abolishment of the American Association, leaving teams like Nashville, Memphis, and New Orleans in the Pacific Coast League. Joe DiMaggio would roll over in his grave if he knew Music City was in the PCL. Bring on realignment!
                God created baseball; it's scriptural: "In the big inning..." (Genesis 1:1)

Comment

Plus there really is no western AA league. So the teams on the west coast have to deal with AA teams usually in Texas or farther East.
                  Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

I'm just Glad San Bernardino (IE 66'ers) is back with the Dodgers again.

I just hate our name, "IE 66'ers" I liked it waaaay better when we were the San Bernardino "Spirit", or even the "Stampede"
                    06 NL WildCard Winners (But got roasted my the Mets):grouchy

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X