Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1954 Toronto Maple Leafs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1954 Toronto Maple Leafs

    Does anyone have a roster of th 1954 Toronto Maple Leafs? I have picked up a jersey from that year and cannot find out who wore it. It has number 4 on the front and back. I would appreciate anyone who can tell me who wore it.
    God created baseball; it's scriptural: "In the big inning..." (Genesis 1:1)

  • #2
    Luke Sewell managed that pennant winner.

    I don't know anything about uniform numbers but I will say that Elston Howard was the league MVP - so perhaps the jersey was of him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why are we talking about the NHL on a minor league baseball forum? but yes you'r right that is him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GO-SKYCHIEFS-GO
        Why are we talking about the NHL on a minor league baseball forum? but yes you'r right that is him.
        Toronto's IL team was known as the Maple Leafs also. In 1920,
        the Toronto Maple Leafs had a record of 108-46 (.701) and still
        finished 2 1/2 games behind Jack Dunn's Baltimore Orioles. Just
        think: playing .700 ball and not winning the pennant!

        Brownie31

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh well I didn't know that haha. Wow 108 games won and they still finish second in their division woow a minor league team 110 games.

          Comment


          • #6
            1954 Maple Leafs

            Originally posted by Nashvol
            Does anyone have a roster of th 1954 Toronto Maple Leafs? I have picked up a jersey from that year and cannot find out who wore it. It has number 4 on the front and back. I would appreciate anyone who can tell me who wore it.
            I have the roster, but it doesn't list numbers. If you want it, send me your email address, and I'll send you a copy of the roster.

            Bob
            [email protected]

            Comment


            • #7
              Maple Leafs Roster

              My original post should have said 'numbered roster'. I have a 1954 Toronto roster, too, probably the same one that you have as there are no numbers on it. I appreciate the help, though; thanks very much.
              God created baseball; it's scriptural: "In the big inning..." (Genesis 1:1)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nashvol
                My original post should have said 'numbered roster'. I have a 1954 Toronto roster, too, probably the same one that you have as there are no numbers on it. I appreciate the help, though; thanks very much.
                Try going to http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...ory/top100.jsp That club is not listed in the site's "100 Best Minor League Teams" but the site has other links that might be helpful. Failing that, you should write to the author, Bill Weiss, who, as I found out, is an older gent who doesn't do email, but welcomes snail mail at:

                William J. (Bill) Weiss
                PO Box 5061
                San Mateo, Cal. 94402
                (650) 345-2907

                He may have a line on that roster. Good luck!

                freak
                Thanks for listening!

                freak

                Comment


                • #9
                  Toronto Maple Leafs 1954 Roster

                  Thanks for the contact, I'll shoot a note off to him. I really appreciate the assistance!
                  God created baseball; it's scriptural: "In the big inning..." (Genesis 1:1)

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X