X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Greats in the Minors - Photos

Babe Ruth - 1914 - Providence.JPG
    George Herman 'Babe' Ruth playing for Providence in 1914
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Bob Gibson - 1958 - Rochester.JPG
    Bob Gibson playing for Rochester in 1958
    A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Hank_Aaron in 1953 playing for Louisville Tars.JPG
      Hank Aaron playing for the Louisville Tars in 1953

Comment

Jackie Robinson - 1946 - Montreal Royals.JPG
        Jackie Robinson in a Montreal Royals uniform in 1946

Comment

Jackie Robinson - Montreal Royals.JPG
          Another of Jackie on the Dodgers farm team

Comment

Jackie_Robinson 1946 Montreal Royals.JPG
            And yet another, this one from 1946 as well

Comment

Joe DiMaggio - 1933 - San Francisco Seals.JPG
              Joe DiMaggio playing for the San Francisco Seals in 1933

Comment

Joe DiMaggio - San Francisco Seals.JPG
                Another of DiMaggio in the Pacific Coast League

Comment

Lefty Grove - 1922 - Baltimore (Minors).JPG
                  Lefty Grove playing for the Baltimore Orioles (Minor League). He won 112 games for the minor-league Baltimore Orioles, in addition to his 300 major-league victories.

Comment

Lou Gehrig - Columbia College.JPG
                    Lou Gehrig playing on the Columbia baseball team (college, not minors)

Comment

Stan Musial - 1941 - Rochester.JPG
                      Stan Musial in 1941 playing for Rochester

Comment

Ted Williams - San Diego Padres 1935 - ish.JPG
                        Ted Williams playing for the San Diego Padres (PCL) around 1935

Comment

Willie Mays - Minneapolis.JPG
                          Willie Mays playing for Minneapolis in the Giants farm system

Comment

Willie McCovey - 1958 - Phoenix.JPG
                            Willie McCovey in 1958 playing for Phoenix

Comment

Anybody know where there are any current photos of current major leaguers in the minors?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X