2003 Championship: Best AAA Team vs. Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Championship: Best AAA Team vs. Detroit Tigers

Who do you think would win? This year's Detroit Tigers, one of the worst teams in history, or the best AAA team around right now?
    2003 Detroit Tigers
    50.00%
    2003 (The Best AAA Team)
    50.00%
    1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
    1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
    1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
    2013 2014

1996 2006

I think the Drillers might be able to beat them.
    International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
    Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

It's a No Brainer: Tigers.

Comment

First of all, who is the best AAA team?
        2016 World Series Champions

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the Sacramento River Cats of the Pacific Coast League have the best AAA record at 77-46. The team has a .276 AVG with 129 HR and 702 runs scored. They also have a team ERA of 3.84 and 9 SHO.

The Tigers have a team AVG of .233, 101 HR, and 385 runs scored with an ERA of 4.99 and 4 SHO. Of course, this is against much superior competition, but I'd still take the Cats in a seven game series 4-2. The talent in Sacramento may be raw and underdeveloped, but that's still got Detriot beat.
          Support Your Local Minor League Baseball Club

Comment

Dude, half the teams in the Texas League would whoop them!! San Antonio would run all over 'em!!
            4-Man_Rotation

Comment

And yes I realize the Texas League is AA.

I voted yes to the best AAA team beating them as well.
              4-Man_Rotation

Comment

Originally posted by DaleC76
                If I'm not mistaken, the Sacramento River Cats of the Pacific Coast League have the best AAA record at 77-46. The team has a .276 AVG with 129 HR and 702 runs scored. They also have a team ERA of 3.84 and 9 SHO.

The Tigers have a team AVG of .233, 101 HR, and 385 runs scored with an ERA of 4.99 and 4 SHO. Of course, this is against much superior competition, but I'd still take the Cats in a seven game series 4-2. The talent in Sacramento may be raw and underdeveloped, but that's still got Detriot beat.
                But Dale, are you saying that the qualtity of play is the same in AAA as it is in the Majors? Than why are the River Cats in the PCL? Tigers all the way. They are a major league team.

Comment

Originally posted by 4-Man_Rotation
                  Dude, half the teams in the Texas League would whoop them!! San Antonio would run all over 'em!!
                  tulsa would give em hell. hell the eastern half of the texas league could compete with the tigers.
                  International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                  Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

It would be an interesting series, but I think the Tigers could still win.

Comment

Originally posted by drillerman
                      tulsa would give em hell. hell the eastern half of the texas league could compete with the tigers.
                      Round rock has kinda sucked this year
                      :gt
                      Go astros
                      Go mets

Comment

sorry, REALLY sucked
                        :gt
                        Go astros
                        Go mets

Comment

Originally posted by tearforamariner
                          But Dale, are you saying that the qualtity of play is the same in AAA as it is in the Majors? Than why are the River Cats in the PCL? Tigers all the way. They are a major league team.
                          I'm not sure I agree that the Tigers are a Major League team. I think they're a AAA team wearing Major League uniforms. I've never seen the River Cats play, I was just looking at their records. It's obvious, though, that they are a team that's used to winning. Detroit is a team that is used to losing. In sports, that makes a tremendous amount of difference. My money goes against the Tigers every time.
                          Support Your Local Minor League Baseball Club

Comment

Originally posted by DaleC76
                            I'm not sure I agree that the Tigers are a Major League team. I think they're a AAA team wearing Major League uniforms. I've never seen the River Cats play, I was just looking at their records. It's obvious, though, that they are a team that's used to winning. Detroit is a team that is used to losing. In sports, that makes a tremendous amount of difference. My money goes against the Tigers every time.
                            I have watched probably as many Tigers games as anyone on earth this season and I can say without a doubt it would go to the AAA team. Half the players on the roster played with Toledo this season, and half of Toledo's roster played for Detroit this season.

Using this as a basis, it would be very easy to compare the Tigers to the Mud Hens, and there are 20 teams in AAA who are better than the Toledo Mud Hens.

I'd pick 15 of those 20 teams to beat the Tigers (having never seen any of those 20 teams play) and the best ones to sweep the Tigers in a seven-game series.

Comment

Anything can happen. Even though the Tigers are atroscious this year, they still have 37 wins, including 8 wins each against the first-place White Sox. So even a mediocre AAA team, like the Syracuse SkyChiefs or the Rochester RedWings (Steve Bechler RIP) could beat the Tigers, but I've give it to the Tigers in a 7-game series against any AAA team, International or Pacific.
                              sigpic
                              Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X