Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did you see in the Minors, before they became a star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did you see in the Minors, before they became a star?

I saw a young Rafeal Furcal on the Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
    Austin Kearns for the Dayton Dragons(hopefully he will become a star)
    I share pictures from my collection of baseball photographs on twitter @PastimeClassics

Brad Penny, who won the OTHER two World Series games, was a member of the 1997 High Desert Mavericks' California League Championship team.

Bob

Comment

I've seen practically all the Braves who have passed through Double A Greenville in the last twenty or so years. Too many to name.

But the one team that stands out in my mind was the '92 team that won 100 games. Chipper Jones (ss) Javier Lopez (c) Ryan Klesko (1B) were all on that team that was managed by none other than Grady Little.

I also remember Brett Butler and Ron Gant (as a skinny, little light hitting second baseman) when they were at Class A Anderson.

Comment

Eddie Collins,

See the following thread for similar details:

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...&threadid=5200

RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

I got to see Nomar with the Trenton Thunder.

Comment

I never saw Nomar in the minors, but I saw him several times when he was at Georgia Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowdog
              I've seen practically all the Braves who have passed through Double A Greenville in the last twenty or so years. Too many to name.

But the one team that stands out in my mind was the '92 team that won 100 games. Chipper Jones (ss) Javier Lopez (c) Ryan Klesko (1B) were all on that team that was managed by none other than Grady Little.

I also remember Brett Butler and Ron Gant (as a skinny, little light hitting second baseman) when they were at Class A Anderson.
              same here(im from greenville).as for visiting teams,carlos delgado,michael jordan,dave mccarty...etc.yellowdog,what do you think our chances are of getting a "downtown"stadium?

Comment

I saw Willie Mays play for the Trenton Giants and Brooks Robinson play for the York White Roses.

Comment

sorry, i didn't realize this had been done.
                  I share pictures from my collection of baseball photographs on twitter @PastimeClassics

Comment

There's no problem, its a good way of getting new members to be active in the thread (who's going to look back through all the threads?), I merely posted the link so you could see others responses who may not post them again.

RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

okay, just checking

Comment

Well not stars to everyone--but watched and got autographs from Ryan Freel (reds) and Drew Henson (yankees)--kjamidon

Comment

players i've seen make it to the bigs: Aaron Boone, Adam Dunn, Austin Kearns, Wily Mo Pena, Brandon Larson, Jose Rijo (in 01), and probably more, just can't think of many right now.
                          RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                          Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                          Infamous butcher,
                          Angel of Death

Comment

I've seen:

Sun Woo Kim
                            Steve Bechler
                            Drew Henson
                            Nick Markakis
                            sigpic
                            Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

I've got all of you guys trumped. I have seen -- get ready for this -- Bronson Arroyo live, in person. I also have authentic autographs from the infamous JACK WILSON and TONY ALVAREZ.

Guess where I saw all these guys and win a prize.... well, not really.
                              "Why waste four pitches when one will do?" -- Don Drysdale

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X