Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pan American (or Inter American) League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan American (or Inter American) League?

Does anyone remember the Pan-American (or Inter American) League that played for one or two seasons in the late 1960s? IIRC, there was a team in Florida and some other franchises in Latin America (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic?). If anyone could list dates of operation and franchises I'd be most appreciative. I've tried an internet search without much luck.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Inter-American League

this league played in 1979 as a class aaa with temas in Caracus and Maracaibo Venezula, Miami Fl, Panama CIty Pan, San Juan P.R. and Santa Domingo Dom. Rep. if i recalled there were 4 teals leaft that finish the season

Comment

Originally posted by Aa3rt
      Does anyone remember the Pan-American (or Inter American) League that played for one or two seasons in the late 1960s? IIRC, there was a team in Florida and some other franchises in Latin America (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic?). If anyone could list dates of operation and franchises I'd be most appreciative. I've tried an internet search without much luck.
      I think it was back in 1960 or 1961 when the Puerto Rico team was called the Marlins , that it was an AAA league and i think that Tim McCarver was on our team . I will be getting in touch with a friend who played in that league to see what i can find .

Comment

Pan American

There was a team from San Juan Puerto rico that played in the International League but didnt play the entire season. the tema moved during the 1960 season to Jersey City NJ

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_reilly
          There was a team from San Juan Puerto rico that played in the International League but didnt play the entire season. the tema moved during the 1960 season to Jersey City NJ
          That was the Havana Sugar Kings and they did actually play a full season, six of them in fact between 1954(when they joined the IL) and 1959(their last full season).
          Best posts ever:
          Originally posted by nymdan
          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

San Juan, Puerto Rico

to all that doenst beleive me, go to www.geocites.com/big_bunko

that is where I found the information about the Puerto Rico team that played in the International League back in 1960, also there is a book out there, on the minor leagues. that will also back me up. Yes, Havana Sugar Kings played in the same league, but some one was asking about San Juan, Puerto Rico

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_reilly
              to all that doenst beleive me, go to www.geocites.com/big_bunko

that is where I found the information about the Puerto Rico team that played in the International League back in 1960, also there is a book out there, on the minor leagues. that will also back me up. Yes, Havana Sugar Kings played in the same league, but some one was asking about San Juan, Puerto Rico
              Frank : The link is empty . Could you , pls , check it ? I know for sure there was a team here in Puerto Rico - the Marlins - , but i can recall the exact year , and that also , the Sugar Kings from Habana were moved to Jersey City in 1960 , but then we are talking about two different teams .

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/big_bunko/i...tional0299.htm

San Juan Marlins moved to Charleston in 1961 after a half year in Puerto Rico. The Team previously played in Miami and then moved to Atlanta in 1962. It was a Cardinals affilliate.
                Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggtone23
                  http://www.geocities.com/big_bunko/i...tional0299.htm

San Juan Marlins moved to Charleston in 1961 after a half year in Puerto Rico. The Team previously played in Miami and then moved to Atlanta in 1962. It was a Cardinals affilliate.
                  Did that team become the Charleston Charlies? If it was it is still active in the International League as the Scranton/Wilkes Barre Red Barons.
                  Best posts ever:

Comment

nope, they became the Richmond Braves, so they still are active.
                    Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggtone23
                      nope, they became the Richmond Braves, so they still are active.
                      OK I am mistaken, it was another team that became the Charlies(later the Guides, then the Red Barons)...
                      Best posts ever:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X