Any Information on Dick Luckey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Information on Dick Luckey?

My father was player/manager in the minor leagues during the 30's / 40's. As I was born in 1947 and he died when I was 15, I am missing any information about this part of his life.

Does anyone have any information they could share? Thank you for your time.

Dottie Luckey Moore

Dick Luckey

Dick Luckey was called to manage the Clarksville Owls for the 1946 season. Luckey played most of his career in class B Piedmont League from 1933-38. He began his career in 1927 with Nashua of the New England League, then to Selma, Spartanburg, Columbus, Lake Charles, Alexandria-Monroe, New Orleans and ending in Omaha in 1932. The Piedmont years were spent in Winston-Salem-Charlotte, Portsmouth, Rocky Mount, and back to Portsmouth. He was in Salisbury and Birmingham in 1939, Greenville 1940, and Americus, GA in 1941 before being called to defend the country in WWII. He was hired as a non-playing manager in Clarksville.

Comment

Dick Luckey

Scott Parks' website on the Alabama-Florida League has a page on your father in the Encyclopedia section. Here's the link:

http://www.alabama-florida-league.co...key%20dick.htm

The record there is not complete - Pat Doyle's Professional Baseball Player Database (available of CD) has it all -
      Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X