Chris Mason - Durham Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Mason - Durham Bulls

Hey baseball fans....thought I would take the time and start a thread on my buddy Chris Mason. He's a pitcher for the Durham Rays. He's starting off pretty bad this season but he will work his way up... I'll give you insights on his games and his journey to the big leagues.

Bio:
    Selected by Tampa Bay in the second round of the 2005 First-Year Player Draft. ... Graduated from Bessemer City (NC) High School, where he broke Kevin Millwood's record for strikeouts in a season with 182 in 91.0 IP. ... Named Southern Conference Pitcher of the Year as a junior at North Carolina-Greensboro. ... Struck out a school-record 16 on March 25, 2005 against East Tennessee State and was named Louisville Slugger National Player of the Week.

Awards/Honors:
    11/13/2007 Topps Double-A All-Star
    10/30/2007 Topps SOU Player of the Year
    10/10/2007 MiLB.com Double-A Starting Pitcher of the Year
    10/08/2007 Baseball America Double-A All-Star
    09/13/2007 MiLB Most Spectacular Pitcher, Double A
    08/30/2007 SOU Most Outstanding Pitcher
    08/30/2007 SOU Post-Season All-Star
    07/09/2007 SOU Mid-Season All-Star
    06/04/2007 SOU Pitcher of the Week
    04/30/2007 SOU Pitcher of the Week

2007 Stats

He pitched for Montgomery Started 28 games and Won 15 and Lost 4. Had an ERA of 2.57 in 161.1 IP. Gave up only 7 Homers and had 44 BB to 136 SO. Batters had a .241 AVG. against Mason. Mason Pitched 1 Complete Game and had 1 Shutout.

Say the least had an amazing 2007 season....

Last 10 Games: (Current team only)
    Date OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO
    Apr 06 @TOL 0 0 0.00 0 4.1 3 0 1 4
    Apr 11 SWB 0 1 8.44 0 5.1 7 5 3 3
    Apr 16 COL 0 1 3.18 0 5.2 4 2 2 7
    Apr 23 CHA 0 1 12.27 0 3.2 5 5 4 1
    Apr 29 RIC 1 0 0.00 0 5.2 6 0 2 8
    Totals 1 3 4.38 0 24.2 25 12 12 23

He started off slow and finally got his first W tonight against JoJo Reyes he did not perform to well. Hope everybody enjoys watching this young man make his way to the big leagues!
    trusted traders: Rockhound,xholdourownx,Drillbit,Tebow15

Just for clarification and not to be a wise guy but he is currently playing for the Durham Bulls, who are the AAA team of the Tampa Bay Rays.

Comment

whoops lol i said durham rays.. i meant durham bulls for the rays organization.. my bad....

Originally posted by dmbfan View Post
      Just for clarification and not to be a wise guy but he is currently playing for the Durham Bulls, who are the AAA team of the Tampa Bay Rays.

Comment

He did not have a good 2006 season, so he was sent back to Montgomery, where he had a major share in the repeat of the SL title.

Comment

Thread title changed to avoid further confusion.
          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Thanks i was trying to do that but didn't know how...also updates on his season coming up..

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
            Thread title changed to avoid further confusion.

Comment

Updated

Chris hasn't been doing to bad lately. He pitched a strong 6 innings on Friday May 30th. He struck out 7 and only walked 1. Gave up 3 ER on only 6 hits. He's getting his command down pretty well and is second in the teams IP with 55.2 only trailing Mitch Talbot with 68.2. Lets wish him luck on his next start which should be Weds.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X