No announcement yet.

2013 Affiliate Shuffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cards have officially signed with the Peoria of the Midwest League for the Chiefs to be their low-A club.

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=608809
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Comment

The Royals sign on with the Lexington Legends.
      Lets Go Yankees, Valley Cats, Dutchmen, UT Spartans and ECU Pirates.

Comment

I predict that Binghamton will move to Ottawa and the Muckdogs will leave Batavia and move to Binghamton as a Marlins affiliate. Any rumors of putting a team in Montreal?
        sigpic
        Trusted Traders: MadHatter, card-closure-man, duckydps, Rockhound, huberfan, AutographCollector, bravesautographs, CardinalMike

My Wantlist/Tradelist

Check out my eBay auctions, username hudsonharden

Comment

Got a question here folks.
          How does the team changing parent clubs affect stadium leasing? I thought stadium leases were binding
          Festus

Comment

Originally posted by Biggtone23 View Post
            The Atlanta Braves, Mandalay Baseball Properties and the city of Wilmington, NC have agreed to terms on a lease for a proposed stadium in Wilmington to move the Lynchburg Hillcats to. The ballpark still has to be approved by local voters.
            Biggtone23-
            Recent polls in Wilmington indicate 80% of voters against the stadium proposal.

Festus

Comment

As a newbie can I ask a dumb question?
              What does it mean for a team to resign? Are they out of business? Bought and moved?

Festus

Comment

Originally posted by Festus View Post
                As a newbie can I ask a dumb question?
                What does it mean for a team to resign? Are they out of business? Bought and moved?

Festus
                It just means they renew their contract with the parent club.

And switching affiliations does nothing to the lease, it is still the same minor league franchise playing there.

Comment

Re-sign or resign. Same letters, opposite meaning.

Comment

The Quad Cities River Bandits have signed on with the Houston Astros. So if the A's don't go back to Burlington, it means the A's will go Beloit and the Angels will end up with the Burlington Bees.

Comment

The former Yakima Bears have announced their new team name will be the Hillsboro Hops. The team has moved to Hillsboro, OR.

Comment

Its been leaked that the AA Reading Phillies will be changing their name to the Reading Fightin Phillies.

Comment

Cubs have withdrawn their 2nd DSL team and now have a VSL team

Comment

Yankees now have 2 GCL teams, coinciding with Mets return to league, and GCL realigns into 4 divisions

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X