No announcement yet.

minor leagure or major walk on tyouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor leagure or major walk on tyouts?

do the minors or majors have walk on tryouts? Never went to college because of nature, and thought id see about looking in to it. its something thats nagging me. i'm a left handed pitcher. thanks

Depends on which team you're interested to tryout with, I know the Devil Rays had a tryout every year, but chance of even getting a minor league contract is slim.
    Frank's Field of Dreams
    "If I build it, you'll come."

Comment

Originally posted by tower1
      do the minors or majors have walk on tryouts? Never went to college because of nature, and thought id see about looking in to it. its something thats nagging me. i'm a left handed pitcher. thanks
      If you live in the area of this league, check this out:

The Golden Baseball League's first eight teams Cities will begin play in May 2005. The GBL is comprised of two divisions, the California Division and the Arizona Division.

The Golden Baseball League's initial charter cities and their respective stadiums are:

California Division:

Nettleton Stadium, Chico CA

Goodwin Field, Fullerton CA

Blair Field, Long Beach CA

Tony Gwynn Stadium, San Diego CA

Arizona Division:

Desert Sun Stadium, Yuma AZ

Surprise Stadium, Surprise AZ

Hohokam Stadium, Mesa AZ

Traveling Team

http://www.goldenbaseball.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=145

http://www.probaseballtryouts.com/

Good luck,

Bob
      Last edited by bluezebra; 04-16-2005, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I know the Richmond Braves hold a tryout every year, though I'm not sure exactly when it is, I believe it's in the late summer or fall.
        Stephen Blue
        Deltaville, Virginia
        [email protected]

GO BRAVES!!!

Comment

The Frontier League is having a tryout and draft in early May in Washington, PA (I think). Your best bet would probably be with one of the indys.

Comment

The Central Baseball League is an independant league with teams in Texas and Louisiana. You can find more information at: www.centralleaguebaseball.com

Comment

does anyone know if the same opportunites are available in the NorthWest League or Pacific Coast league?

Comment

can some one tell me if there are walk on try outs for baseball in houston

Comment

Astros Tryouts.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=hou

My older brother did this sometime between 1995 - 1997. Made it to the last cut.Told him he needed to work on his running and that they'd sign him in a heart beat. He opted for the family life........

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X