Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Minor League Ballpark

I've been to over a hundred.

My favorite is Bosse Field in Evansville, Indiana. Funny thing is, there is nothing to do in Evansville other than the Otters games. With that being said, its only 3-4 hours from me here in Cincy so ive made the trip five times throughout the years. Its a gem and its great the Frontier League keeps it going.

G Man

Miami Stadium 1949-2001

Comment

FirstEnergy Stadium, home of the Reading Fightin Phils, Reading, Pennsylvania. Completed in 1951, Double A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Oldest home in the Eastern League.
      The saddest day of the year is the day that baseball season ends.

On October 8, 1956, in game 5 of the 1956 World Series, Don Larsen of the New York Yankees, threw a perfect game against the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        FirstEnergy Stadium, home of the Reading Fightin Phils, Reading, Pennsylvania. Completed in 1951, Double A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Oldest home in the Eastern League.
        The name should still be Reading Municipal-Memorial Stadium. Any ballpark, major or minors, built before 1991 should not be named after a corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post

The name should still be Reading Municipal-Memorial Stadium. Any ballpark, major or minors, built before 1991 should not be named after a corporation.
          I agree, that's what it was when I used to go there when I lived in the Lehigh Valley, Pa. Just a great old ballpark, a great selection of food, great prices,(back then anyway) I used to take my kids there back in the 1970's. Went to a lot of games there since then. I moved away from the area in 2012.
          The saddest day of the year is the day that baseball season ends.

On October 8, 1956, in game 5 of the 1956 World Series, Don Larsen of the New York Yankees, threw a perfect game against the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Comment

By far, my favorite minor league park is the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in The Entertainment District in downtown Durham, North Carolina!

Comment

Well I've only been to one regularly, but Fluor Field in Greenville is pretty dang good.
              46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

It was sad that the Canton Akron Indians left for Akron, Munson stadium was never in a great place but it was lots of fun especially with everyone pounding their feet on the aluminum seats.

however, we have gone up once a year or so to the Akron Rubber Ducks taking a church youth group and it is fabulous. The people are so nice and it is a great View at Canal Park. You get a wonderful array of food as well. We still laugh about the one 14 year old who decided to get the 21 scoops of ice cream, 1 pound Brownie, and four bananas sliced up in a batting helmet and proceeded to eat it all; he was one of those kids skinny as a rail but with the metabolism to eat it. Threw up afterward but he says it was worth it. Oh, to be young again. Another went in with a friend and ate 2/3, similar size. He kept it down.

so, So, while the team is no longer in Canton, it is not a really long trip and they improved on the ballpark and location.
                If Baseball Integrated Early - baseball integrated from the beginning - and "Brotherhood and baseball," the U.S. history companion, at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Baseballifsandmore - IBIE updated for 2011.

"Full House Chronology" at yahoo group fullhousefreaks & fullhouse4life with help of many fans, thanks for the input

Comment

PNC Field is a beautiful ballpark. It's also a fun place to watch all the Yankees' young super prospects: Justus Sheffield, Chance Adams, et al.
                  “I see great things in baseball.”
                  Walt Whitman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X