Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor League Baseball in Scranton and Wilkes-Barre (PA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilkes Barre East Eand Baseball Team

Do you know anything about the Wilkes Barre East End Baseball team who were the 1926 Wyoming league champions? My grandfather, Patrick Carr, played for them and his brother, Bernard Carr, was the manager.

I am researching our family history. I have some clippings and a photo but it is a little hard to pull it all together.

Thanks,
    Kathleen Carr Halliday

Comment

Coal Cracker...

I was looking through my research when after I saw your post.

I have something different for 1935. Gord Brown researched the Old Blue Books and he has Sweeney's Field listed for the ballpark and not Brooks Athletic Field.

It looks like this... 1934-pre - Brooks Athletic Field (4,500)
      1935-Sweeney's Field (4,000)
      1936-Athletic Park (4,000)

Now for around the early 1900's I have a postcard from Wilkes Barre showing the ballpark and the postcard says... "Diamond Baseball Park", and shows the Minor League team playing at a relatively large facility.

Comment

Scranton Miners

I am wondering if you are still looking for information about the Scranton Minor Leagues. My uncle played on the Scranton Minor League just before entering the service.. I am sure he has information if you are still seeking it.

Please let me know.:gt

Comment

baseball payers names

Is there a way to find out who the players were in 1900?
          my gg uncle was a pitcher and played for a tri state league in PA. He lived in Altoona PA and since Wilkes-Barr is close to Altoona I am guessing this is the team he played for. I have looked everywhere for information on names of players for the tri state league in PA and have come up with nothing until I found this web site. any help would be great!
          Thanks
          Bridgett

Comment

My father had brothers Patrick and Bernard as well as Hugh and John. I have an old baseball picture of dad in a company uniform. Could we be related. Would like to hear from you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X