Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats Your Favorite Minor League Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Your Favorite Minor League Stadium?

Old or New whats your favorite? Mine was the Chattanooga Lookouts in Chattanooga Tenn.

Originally posted by Sun
    Old or New whats your favorite? Mine was the Chattanooga Lookouts in Chattanooga Tenn.
    That's old Engel Stadium...I remember my grandfather and some other old-timers talking about Harmon Killebrew hitting some mammoth shots out of there years ago. It's still around, but the Lookouts have a great new park. Nice memories, though.

Comment

I been to a couple dozen minor league parks and I would probably vote for the Staten Island Yankees, it is tough to beat the backdrop in center field.

I also am fond of Trenton, New Haven, Quad City, West Tennessee, Nashville, Jamestown Jammers (NY) and Toledo.

Comment

The old McCormick Field of the Asheville Tourists (Sally League) was a great place to watch a game. Sitting in them old style blue wooden seats and walking the wood aisle ways was special. It helped me to imagine of the old greats of the game that had come through Asheville, NC. When a rally was in the makings, the fans would stomp their feet on the wooden bleachers and the sound was so sweet. Although, sometimes, those wooden bleachers would get a little scary as they bounced and swayed with their creaking sounds. But, Man, what fond memories I have of the old stadium. That place had genuine character and good times.

A little bit of movie triva about that park is that it appeared in the movie Bull Durham near the end when Crash Davis broke the minor league homer record. The shot of Crash coming around 3B towards home plate shows the left field outfield wall.
        Perfection is not attainable. But, if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence. -- Vince Lombardi

Comment

we have seen 6 minor league stadiums -- charleston (sc) river dogs, wilmington blue rocks, charleston (west virginia) alley cats, lansing lugnuts, peoria chiefs, montgomery biscuits.

lansing and montgomery - the newest. but hands-down favorite has to be montgomery biscuits riverwalk stadium. it is built into their 125+ yr old train station. they have done a remarkable job of restoring the old structure with all-new, while keeping it's quaint/antique train station appearance.

Comment

Birmingham's park isn't bad, but the sod is starting to come up. What really is a great park is Rickwood Field, America's Oldest Ballpark. Every year they have the Rickwood Classic and the players dress up in the old uniforms and play at Rickwood. It's the best game of the year in my opinion.
            :gt Birmingham Barons: AA team for the Chicago White Sox :gt

Comment

For those of you in the Memphis area, I definitly recommand going to Autozone Park(AAA for the Cards) Beautiful stadium, and BBQ nachos.

Comment

Lackawanna County Stadium. There's nothing special about it but I have had some of my fondest baseball memories there. My favorite is Chase Utley's shot over the left central wall to beat Buffalo in July 2002.

Comment

Old Oiler Park.
                  even though i never saw it.
                  International League Fourm and Pacific Coast League Fourm Triple A Baseball

"The dumber a pitcher is, the better. When he gets smart and begins to experiment with a lot of different pitches, he's in trouble. All I ever had was a fastball, a curve and a changeup and I did pretty good."
                  Dizzy Dean.

9 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

19261931193419421944 1946196419671982

Comment

Out of sentimentality, I have to go for the cozy confines of my home ballpark, Tinker Field. Unfortunately, it is no longer occupied by any minor league organization. It's a great place to see a ballgame and I hope that some day soon another club will take advantage of the available facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Coal Cracker
                      Lackawanna County Stadium. There's nothing special about it ...
                      That is one stadium I am not fond of. I have seen good players, and good games there, but uggg...what an ugly stadium. No offence intended Coal Cracker.

My favorite stadium so far is 1st Energy Park (home of the Lakewood Blue Claws). It is a beautiful stadium inside and out. I think my favorite will become Campbell's Field (home of the Camden Riversharks) when I get there later this month, though.
                      Go Astros!

Go Jackets!

Lets Go Micah!

Comment

I love McCoy stadium that the Pawtucket Red Sox(AAA) play in. Nice blend of modern ammenities with the quaint old-school minor league park. Probably one of the best in New England after it's parent organization's park.
                        Best posts ever:
                        Originally posted by nymdan
                        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

I am partial to the Epicenter in Ranch Cucamonga, California, the home of the RC Quakes which is an affiliate of the Angels.
                          Attached Files
                          http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

minor league parks

If you within driving distance of Memphis, by all means, check out
                            autozone park, home of the AAA Memphis Redbirds..It's a great
                            minor league park..with great views, a decent team, and strong
                            support from the fans, and the parent St.Louis Cardinals..

Toledo's new park is pretty awesome as well...

Comment

Originally posted by BagwellFan
                              That is one stadium I am not fond of. I have seen good players, and good games there, but uggg...what an ugly stadium. No offence intended Coal Cracker.

My favorite stadium so far is 1st Energy Park (home of the Lakewood Blue Claws). It is a beautiful stadium inside and out. I think my favorite will become Campbell's Field (home of the Camden Riversharks) when I get there later this month, though.
                              The stadium itself isn't anything spectacular but the backdrop of the mountains beyond the outfield wall is a nice touch.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X