No announcement yet.

Who's your favorite Minor League team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Harrisburg Senators, the Washington Nationals AA Eastern League affiliate. Don't ask me why, I just like their name.
    Last edited by Aa3rt; 07-23-2011, 08:41 AM.
    "For the Washington Senators, the worst time of the year is the baseball season." Roger Kahn

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• I like the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs and the Lakewood Blue Claws

Comment

• Dayton Dragons. Earlier this month they set the all time professional consecutive sell out record at 815 games and they're still selling out. They're a Class A team of the Reds. In fact, I was there last night.

Comment

• I live in the middle of nowhere but I'm within driving distance to the Buffalo Bisons, Erie Seawolves and the Jamestown Jammmers. On July 29th, I'll be in Jamestown for the 1941 throwback night. The next weekend, I'll be in Erie the see the Harrisburg Senators and the Chosen One, Bryce Harper. That's why I love the minors.
          I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.

Comment

• Rochester Red Wings

Comment

• Gotta love my B-Mets.
              Originally posted by Cougar
              "Read at your own risk. Baseball Fever shall not be responsible if you become clinically insane trying to make sense of this post. People under 18 must read in the presence of a parent, guardian, licensed professional, or Dr. Phil."

Comment

• I grew up in VA so I was a fan of the Norfolk Tides and went to go see them play more than once. Living now in NC, I live about 15 minutes away from the Single-A affiliate for the White Sox, the Kannapolis Intimidators. I enjoy going out to their ballpark and watching a game or two.
                Favorite players past/present: Cal Ripken, Jr., Chipper Jones, Adam Jones, Javy Lopez, Josh Hamilton, Mike Piazza

Harry Doyle: "And for the Indians, that's one run on, let's see...one hit? That's all we got? One godd**n hit?!"
                Monty: "You can't say godd**n on the air!"
                Harry Doyle: "Don't worry, nobody's listening anyways."
                ~Major League (1989)~

sigpic

Comment

• Toledo Mud Hens.................modern yet cozy ballpark-only seats about 9000 people.....................AAA team for the Tigers................since I live in Michigan I get to see a lot of Tiger players for only $10 per game when they are at Toledo for rehab or whatever.........

Comment

• I live about 60 or so miles from The Dell Diamond in Round Rock, TX, so I frequently go and root on the Round Rock Express (Rangers' AAA), unless that is if they are playing the Memphis Redbirds (like this week, that's where I will be). On Tuesday nights this year, the Express are honoring the 1959 Texas League champions the Austin Senators, and they are wearing the old timey Senator uniforms. Tickets for every seat are also at half price for every Tuesday game! Going back tomorrow for the great seats by the visitor's dugout to see those Redbirds play! Though I am a huge Cardinal fan, the only reason I root for Memphis is that connection. Same with the Express, they are close and I really like the Rangers as well.

Back home in Central Iowa, I used to go and watch the I-Cubs (Cubs AAA) team in Des Moines (shhh, don't tell anyone...). I hated the Cubs as a kid, but loved watching guys liked Mark Grace, Jerome Walton, and Dwight Smith while they were in Iowa, though not against Louisville, who were the Cards AAA team back then.

I am also a HUGE fan of the Class A Quad City River Bandits (Midwestern League, Great Woodsman's Park is right on the banks of the Mississippi River in Davenport, IA)! They are a Cardinals A team, and I grew up out there by the Quad Cities in Scott County Iowa. Then they were the A team for the Angels and then the Cubs, but have been in the good guy organization for a while! May end up moving the family back up around the QC area, and I will certainly have season tickets to the River Bandits if we do!!!
                    "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

• It's real easy for me to like the Corpus Christi Hooks because they are the Astros' AA affiliate, and are a Texas team. Other teams with a soft spot for me are the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Atlantic League (Independent, AAA equivalent) because they also represent the Houston area and are in the city that I graduated high school in. I also like the Oklahoma City RedHawks (Astros' AAA) not just because they're an Astros affiliate, but because they are the successor to the Houston Buffaloes who were here long before the Astros were formed. I was not born when they were in Houston, but I'm a sucker for historical stuff like that.
                      Last edited by RootHouston; 10-22-2013, 11:33 PM.
                      sigpic
                      National League Champions: 2005
                      National League Division Champions: 1980, 1986, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001
                      National League Wild Card: 2004, 2005

Comment

• My favorite Minor League team is the Quad Cities RiverBandits. They're my favorite even after changing affiliations last year. They're now affiliated with the Astros.

Comment

• The one that keeps sending us players like Rosenthal, Wacha, Miller, Tavaras, Adams, Carpenter, Martinez etc...
                          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Arkansas Travelers, for the name and history.
                            "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

• I follow the San Antonio Missions (AA) and Round Rock Express (AAA). I am neither a Padres nor Rangers fan but due to proximity I attend a lot of these minor league games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Izzycohen View Post
                                My favorite Minor League team is the Quad Cities RiverBandits. They're my favorite even after changing affiliations last year. They're now affiliated with the Astros.

Let's never speak of this again. I was pretty upset by that. Flippin' Peroia Chiefs. I don't even know what that is... Nothing as wonderful as living on the banks of that big river, that's for sure.
                                "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X