Looking for box scores with 'Lewis' umpire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for box scores with 'Lewis' umpire

My dad was a Negro League umpire in Baltimore. I don't know much about the time frame and am asking for your help. If you have any box scores or articles datelined Baltimore from 1938-51 that mention umpire Lewis I would like to hear from you. Here's one from the1949 playoff series.

I have his 1949 NAL umpire card. And in 1945 he filled out an application for a professional umpire school stating 'Negro Natl. League' under 'experience'.

Thanks very much!

A. Lewis
    Attached Files

Go to paperofrecord.com and sign up for a free membership - they have the Balto. Afro-American.

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
      Go to paperofrecord.com and sign up for a free membership - they have the Balto. Afro-American.
      Thanks for the tip but I've done that already. He was mentioned in 1948. Many of the on-line box scores are illegible due to poor images.

BalUmp

Comment

Did you rely on the search function? That's not the best method to seek info from paperofrecord.com. You have to read the entire paper. It is sometimes easier to print out the page - even at a small size - and use a magnifying glass rather than blowing it up on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
          Did you rely on the search function? That's not the best method to seek info from paperofrecord.com. You have to read the entire paper. It is sometimes easier to print out the page - even at a small size - and use a magnifying glass rather than blowing it up on screen.
          Yes, I used the search. I'll try your suggestion next. Thanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X