P Dave Brown

RP Hilton Smith
    team A
    27.27%
    team B
    72.73%

i say team B

Comment

Two good teams, but so many issues to sort out, it gets hard to say. Team B would be stronger if Dihigo played 2B instead of DeMoss when he wasn't pitching. Bingo just wasn't much of a hitter.
      Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
      Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
      A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Team B

btw - are you allowed to seperate Paige & Smith ? lol

Comment

The pitching looks pretty even, and with the move I suggested with Dihigo, I like the team B position players better. Of course, this is limited to the premise of a seven game series, because there's no way I'd take Chino Smith over Stearnes over their careers.

Gibson drubs Ewing, not that Ewing wasn't great, but Josh was IMHO clearly the greatest catcher ever anywhere.

Leonard beats Taylor. Taylor's one in Cooperstown that I'm unenthusiastic about. I liken him to George Sisler overall--but with a more even career path. That diminishes the one thing I think gets Sisler over the top--his high peak performance.

Dihigo could field just about anywhere well, and could easily outhit Warfield.

Lloyd over Beckwith. John was an awful glove, while Pop had a good one, and Pop could hit quite well, though not as well as Beckwith.

Dandridge over Johnson. Judy has the defensive edge, but an anemic bat by HOF standards. Judy's a clear HOF mistake in my book, and while Dandridge may not be over the HOF in/out line for some, he's at least close.

Torriente over Poles. Team A finally gets a big win. Poles might be HOF caliber, but Torrienti is much better.

Charleston over Bell. Team B gets almost all the edge back from the last OF pairing. Bell may have been faster, but he didn't have Oscar's arm or average, not to mention nowhere near Oscar's power.

Smith over Stearnes. This one's close, but I think Chino was a tad better despite not having much patience at the plate.
          Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
          Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
          A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

If black all-star teams from the 1910s to 1940s could be brought together for a seven-game series, with two off days for travel between Griffith and Comiskey, which games would the 1-2 pitchers probably start? (and complete if going strong, I suppose)

What if 15 or 21 games on consecutive days? Would these teams probably use four pitchers in rotation?

Comment

I will bank 90% on the starter, in a one game series. My guess therefore is team A.

Comment

I say B... All around better lineup. Paige gets the publicity because of his personality, but B's rotation is just as good others just as good...
                Dice League Baseball Blog

Comment

Team A. Paige, Mendez, Redding...in a walk over.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X