Melvin Duncan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melvin Duncan

I am in search of any recent info anyone has re: Melvin Duncan.
    He played in the Negro Leagues from 1949-1955.He was a right handed pitcher.
    He played for the Cleveland Buckeyes as well for Colorado Springs a class A affililate with the Chicago White Soxs.
    I saw a picture from Aug/2005 of Melvin being wheeled to home plate at a game during Detroit and Cleveland.
    Thankyou in Advance!

Originally posted by green_eyes_55
    I am in search of any recent info anyone has re: Melvin Duncan.
    He played in the Negro Leagues from 1949-1955.He was a right handed pitcher.
    He played for the Cleveland Buckeyes as well for Colorado Springs a class A affililate with the Chicago White Soxs.
    I saw a picture from Aug/2005 of Melvin being wheeled to home plate at a game during Detroit and Cleveland.
    Thankyou in Advance!
    Try at the Negro Leagues Baseball Players Association
    www.nlbpa.com . He is listed as a member .

Comment

Mellvin Duncan

Sir,
      Ihave Your Ansxwer Regarding Contacting Mr. Duncan.
      Gary Rountree
      614 764 1932

Comment

Mellvin Duncan

Sir,
        I Have Your Answer Regarding Contacting Mr. Duncan.
        Gary Rountree
        614 764 1932

Comment

Here's a picture (posted elssewhere) of Mr. Duncan at the Detroit Tigers-Cleveland Indians game, 8/06/2005. Detroit & Cleveland were suited up as Stars and Buckeyes that day, and it looks like Mr. Duncan got a fresh uniform.
          Attached Files
          "Someone asked me if I took steroids. I said, 'No. I had a contract with Wheaties.'"
          --Bob Feller

Comment

Re: picture of Mr. Duncan

Just to verify that the picture labeled as "Melvin Duncan" is not of Mr. Duncan. He is not in the wheel chair...the heading was placed on the wrong picture. As the original person of the photo taking had stated he arrived at the game late and was unsure if it was Mr. Duncan.

Comment

Mr Roundtree

As I am sure you are aware I have indeed made contact with Melvin Duncan. Thank you for the offer of information!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X