Celebrities that are baseball fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrities that are baseball fans

C'mon friends... we're going to name all the celebrities we can remember that used to root in baseball...

- Matt Damon: Boston Red Sox
    - Ben Affleck: Boston Red Sox
    - Jack Nicholson: NY Yankees (I believe)
    - Frank Sinatra: LA Dodgers
    - Hillary Rodham Clinton: former Cubs fan, now NY Yankees political bandwagon fan
    - Rudy Giuliani: NY Yankees
    - George HW Bush: Houston Astros
    - 'Dubya' Bush: Texas Rangers
    - John 'Alots of Purple Medals' Kerry: Boston Red Sox
    - Michael Moore: Detroit Tigers
    - John Candy: Chicago Cubs
    - Robin Williams: San Francisco Giants
    - Danny Glover: San Francisco Giants
    - Jim Belushi: Chicago Cubs
    - Billy Crystal: NY Yankees (someone told me that he also follow the Mets)
    - Alice Cooper: Arizona Dbacks and Detroit Tigers
    - Tim Allen: Detroit Tigers
    - Drew Carey: Cleveland Indians
    - Jerry Seinfeld: Mets
    - Tim Robbins: Mets
    - Glenn Close: Mets
    - Tom Selleck: Tigers
    - Ron Perlman: NY Yankees
    - Jerry Lewis: NY Giants; now, I don't know if he is still rooting for the current SF Giants
    - Donald Sutherland: Montreal Expos (a friend told me that: "he used to sit in the first row by the third base, where it widens to the outfield with his bucket hat and his evian water bottle")

Do you know more celebrities that used to be baseball fans?

William Frawley who played Fred on I love Lucy had it written in his contract that he wouldn't have to work if the Yanks made the series.
    William Bendix who played the Babe in the movie was an actual Yankee bat boy at one time.
    John Dillinger used to go incognito to Cubs games.
    Butch Patrick who played Eddie on the Munsters was the step son of Ken Hunt.
    Mark Anastasio who owns the Brewers has an actor in his family. Maybe a cousin or something? The guy sang the National Anthem at the first home game this year.
    Marilyn Monroe was married to the Yankee Clipper and on and on we could go.
    Bob Uecker of Mr. Belvidere used to attend ballgames. There's a rumor he used to be a player?
    I guess fame and money stick together.

Comment

Originally posted by janduscframe
      William Frawley who played Fred on I love Lucy had it written in his contract that he wouldn't have to work if the Yanks made the series.
      used to be a player?
      During the same time period that William Frawley was playing "Bub" on the original iteration of "My Three Sons," he made a movie about baseball. It was called "Safe at Home," and William played a Yankee coach. The movie was about a kid who idolized Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle, and ran away to Fort Lauderdale to see them during spring training.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ah, now that I'm remembering something...

Remember Edward Robinson, that marvelous silver screen's actor? He once wore a NY Giants' uniform acting in a '50 film. If I'm remembering well, he portrayed a Giants' coach. After that, he said that he likes the Jints.

Well... Durocher loved to meet Hollywood stars.

-------

Another famous NY Giants was Groucho Marx. Once I saw a picture of him wearing a Giants' uniform and smoking one of his famous cigars in a spring training.

Comment

Christopher Guest of "Spinal Tap" fame is a Phillies fan from what I heard.
          John Goodman grew up as a Cardinals fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss
            Robin Williams: San Francisco Giants
            - Danny Glover: San Francisco Giants
            Really? Coulda sworn I've seen Robin Williams at Yankee games on TV, but maybe not, or maybe so but he was just there. Who knows. Never heard that about Danny Glover. I know Chris Berman on ESPN is a San Francisco fan.

Kinda surprised also about Sinatra, to be honest. The only things I've ever seen attributed to Sinatra regarding baseball were the famous quote "Mr. Kuhn told Willie Mays to get out of baseball; I'd like to offer the same advice to Mr. Kuhn," and a picture of him and Willie McCovey together that's hanging in McCovey's restaurant in Walnut Creek, which is on the outskirts of the bay area. He (Sinatra) had signed it "To one of my favorite baseball idols," or something like that. But, being a big LA star, what you said probably makes more sense.

Bill Murray is a Cubs fan, I know. Uhhh, that's about all I can add at this time.
            "Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now on the field... pleading with the crowd for, for some kind of sanity!"

Comment

Originally posted by janduscframe
              Bob Uecker of Mr. Belvidere used to attend ballgames. There's a rumor he used to be a player?
              It's not a rumour. He was a catcher with the Braves, Cardinals and Phillies. I have a picture of him, in a Brewers uniform, playing catch with Dave Parker at Skydome. My mother is coming to Manila next month, I'll see if I can get her to dig it up and bring it. I'll post it. I believe he was Brewers broadcaster at the time.
              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by iPod
                Really? Coulda sworn I've seen Robin Williams at Yankee games on TV, but maybe not, or maybe so but he was just there. Who knows. Never heard that about Danny Glover. I know Chris Berman on ESPN is a San Francisco fan.

Kinda surprised also about Sinatra, to be honest. The only things I've ever seen attributed to Sinatra regarding baseball were the famous quote "Mr. Kuhn told Willie Mays to get out of baseball; I'd like to offer the same advice to Mr. Kuhn," and a picture of him and Willie McCovey together that's hanging in McCovey's restaurant in Walnut Creek, which is on the outskirts of the bay area. He (Sinatra) had signed it "To one of my favorite baseball idols," or something like that. But, being a big LA star, what you said probably makes more sense.

Bill Murray is a Cubs fan, I know. Uhhh, that's about all I can add at this time.

My fellow Giant fan (besides being a rabid Red Sox fan, I'm a huge Giants' fan), I put Robin Williams as a Giant fan because I saw the 2002 WS in TV, there was the actor wearing a cap and a jersey of the Giants. So if that is a kind of saying "I root 4 the Jints", so that is.

Sinatra... mmmhhh... to be honest, I believe him as a Dodger fan because I saw several photos of him attending Dodgers games and some of those pics, he wore a cap and a jacket of the Dogs while saluting Don Sutton.

---------------

Now, a rumour... I saw "Fever Pitch" and got some good laughs about obsessive fandom of the character of Jimmy Fallon. I got curiosity and I looked IMDB.com... ooooh, there is some people saying that Fallon is a YANKEE fan?!?!?!
                Is that true???

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                  It's not a rumour. He was a catcher with the Braves, Cardinals and Phillies. I have a picture of him, in a Brewers uniform, playing catch with Dave Parker at Skydome. My mother is coming to Manila next month, I'll see if I can get her to dig it up and bring it. I'll post it. I believe he was Brewers broadcaster at the time.
                  You can check out Bob Uecker's career stats here.
                  Uecker is still the radio voice of the Brewers and has been since 1971.

Comment

Tom Cruise is a Yankees' fan.

Once George Clooney tried out for a position on the Cincinatti Reds, I don't know if he is a Reds' fan.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I guess Garth Brooks is a Padres fan. He BETTER be
                      Didn't he try out for another team, as well, though?
                      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Only celeb Reds' fans I know of are David Letterman and Charlie Sheen . . . and me, of course.

Comment

John Cusack is a Cubs fan as is the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins and Eddie Vedder.
                          Last edited by E.Banks#14; 09-16-2005, 02:07 PM.
                          A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Celebrity White Sox Fans

The Sox can lay claim to these celebrity fans.Former Styx lead singer Dennis DeYoung,Sun-Times columnist and film critic Richard Roeper,talk show host Jerry Springer,celebrity film expert Mr.Skin,and smokin hot South Side native Jenny McCarthy.

Comment

Originally posted by mordeci
                              John Cusack is the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins and he's Eddie Vedder? Maybe I read that wrong. Nevermind.
                              OK OK OK

Let me see if I can clear this one up..

John Cusack is a Cubs fan. As is:
                              The lead singer from Smashing Pumpkins (His name is Billy Corgan)

AND

Eddie Vedder (who is from the band Pearl Jam)

3 cub fans listed there:
                              John Cusack
                              Billy Corgan
                              Eddie Vedder
                              BELIEVE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X