X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Belushi at a Cubs game.
    2016 World Series Champions

Comment

The Dodgers number one celebrity fan, Cary Grant with wife Dyan Cannon at Dodger Stadium.

Comment

I'm curious, this thread caught my eye, but what's the trivia question?
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Gotta throw one in here for the A's.

MC Hammer is an A's fan, and was once the bat boy... Hard to believe, eh?

(not really sure Hammer even qualifies as a celeb anymore, same with Guliani)
          WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Mattingly
            I'm curious, this thread caught my eye, but what's the trivia question?
            I believe you just asked it.

Comment

I remember watching the final game of the 2004 World Series and seeing Jimmy Fallon cavorting on the field with the victorious Red Sox. I thought to myself, "Man, what the f***? Who let that clown on the field?" I found out later that he was shooting a scene for that baseball movie he made with Drew Barrymore. But it still didn't seem right. He is, though, a Red Sox fan, isn't he?
              1992 & 1993 World Series Champions

Comment

Bob Hope grew up in Cleveland and once was a co-owner
                of the Indians. Bing Crosby was a Pirates co-owner and
                he and Hope sometimes worked this into routines.

Ronald Reagan was a Cubs radio announcer before going
                to Hollywood.

Tallulah Bankhead was a Giants fan and great admirer
                of her fellow Alabamian, Willie Mays.

Both Ty Cobb and John McGraw both starred in silent
                movies just prior to World War I.

Brownie31

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                  It's not a rumour. He was a catcher with the Braves, Cardinals and Phillies. I have a picture of him, in a Brewers uniform, playing catch with Dave Parker at Skydome. My mother is coming to Manila next month, I'll see if I can get her to dig it up and bring it. I'll post it. I believe he was Brewers broadcaster at the time.
                  But was he really a baseball player?
                  Bob Hope once owned part of the Cleveland Indians.
                  Tom Selleck wore a Tiger hat on Magnum, PI. I believe he is a tiger fan.
                  Fidel Castro once tried out for the Washington Senators.
                  Jimmie Walker once was a Hotdog vender at Yankee Stadium. He once brought a hotdog to Mickey Mantle in the Yankee Clubhouse and Mick slipped him a silver dollar which he still has. I saw that on "I've Got a Secret" recently
                  Last edited by soberdennis; 06-22-2006, 12:14 AM.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                  Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Originally posted by 125osprey
                    I remember watching the final game of the 2004 World Series and seeing Jimmy Fallon cavorting on the field with the victorious Red Sox. I thought to myself, "Man, what the f***? Who let that clown on the field?" I found out later that he was shooting a scene for that baseball movie he made with Drew Barrymore. But it still didn't seem right. He is, though, a Red Sox fan, isn't he?
                    Yes he is. On SNL, he's supposedly the top Red Sox fan there. He was in deep admiration when Johnny Damon did an unscheduled cameo appearance on that show right after the win.

As to Yankee celeb fans, these would include Dave Letterman, Regis Philbin, Billy Crystal and Robin Williams. Oh, and one certain former mayor who goes by the first name of "Rudy". Or "Rudia", if you've ever watched his SNL performances. That one was such a drag.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Didnt Victor French always wear an A's cap in "Highway to Heaven" as character Mark Gordon?
                      I once had an awkward Baseball Fever moment just to see what it feels like...

Comment

Singer Joan Jett is an Orioles fan. She was in fantasy camp with my brother.

Comment

There are/were a few actors that played minor league ball.

Kurt Russell - San Diego Padres
                          Jack Scalia- Montreal Expos
                          **Randy Poffo- 5 years in the Reds,Cardinals and White Sox organizations

** Pro Wrestler Randy Poffo was better known as "Macho Man" Randy Savage. He played A wrestler in the movie "Spiderman".
                          I think his brother,also a wrestler, "Leaping Lanny Poffo" played in the Phillies organization but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Jaw
                            During the same time period that William Frawley was playing "Bub" on the original iteration of "My Three Sons," he made a movie about baseball. It was called "Safe at Home," and William played a Yankee coach. The movie was about a kid who idolized Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle, and ran away to Fort Lauderdale to see them during spring training.
                            He was also in "The Babe Ruth Story" as the owner of the Baltimore Orioles minor league franchise....(i'm sorry, i can't remember the gentleman's name)

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
                              did anyone say:
                              Bill Murray - Chicago Cubs ???

He has a son named: Homer Banks Murray.

Bill Murray had actually purchased the movie rights to Bill Veeck Jr's Autobiography - Veeck As in Wreck, but unfortunately never was able to make it

Oh and Michael Keaton is a Pirates fan (who apparently called current Pirate ownership for not spending money on the team around the time he was scheduled to throw out the first pitch for opening day)

Comment

Originally posted by ACrank
                                Oh and Michael Keaton is a Pirates fan (who apparently called current Pirate ownership for not spending money on the team around the time he was scheduled to throw out the first pitch for opening day)
                                Michael Keaton (Real name Michael Douglas) used to be a stagehand on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood before he turned to acting - it was produced in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X