Harlem Globetrotters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlem Globetrotters

Could you name four Baseball Hall of Famers who once played for the Harlem Globetrotters?

pb::

RE: Harlem Globetrotters

Here's three:
    Bob Gibson
    Lou Brock
    Satchel Paige

Comment

The fourth is Ferguson Jenkins.

Comment

Congratulations, Benny.You correctly named all four.

pb::

Comment

According to my informations another Hall of Famer Bill Foster once managed the Harlem Globetrotters.

uk::

Comment

Harlem Globetrotters baseball team

Ok, here's a question for all baseball trivia fans. Long ago ('50's - '60's) the Harlem Globetrotters had a baseball team that toured the country with another team called the House of David. They would play exibition games and would also play local teams if their respective schedules would permit. Name as many players as you can that played for that Globetrotter team.

Comment

Harlem Globetrotters baseball

Excellent!! Paige was also on the team in the late '50's. I played against these guys when they came through Montana ... wish I still had the scorecard!!

Comment

I believe Gibson was a forward. He was a serious player, meaning he didn't get into the court tricks like his teammates.
                Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom R.
                  Excellent!! Paige was also on the team in the late '50's. I played against these guys when they came through Montana ... wish I still had the scorecard!!
                  i love it when i click to baseball-fever and get to something that proves once again just how small the world really is.
                  "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

The Trotters also had a softball team many years ago. In August, 1948, they played an exhibition game against a local slow pitch (16") team at Lane Tech High School Stadium on Chicago's North Side. It was the second game of a double-header. The Trotters used gloves since they normally played 12" fast pitch. I attended the games with some friends, and the crowd was having a great time, until the PA announcer told us that Babe Ruth had just died. Needless to say, that ended the fun.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Tom R.
                      Ok, here's a question for all baseball trivia fans. Long ago ('50's - '60's) the Harlem Globetrotters had a baseball team that toured the country with another team called the House of David. They would play exibition games and would also play local teams if their respective schedules would permit. Name as many players as you can that played for that Globetrotter team.
                      Oh, you mean the Yankees?
                      Back like I never left

Comment

I've done research here but never heard that Brock and Paige played for the 'Trotters. Can anyone verify that they did?

Comment

Originally posted by bkmckenna View Post
                          I've done research here but never heard that Brock and Paige played for the 'Trotters. Can anyone verify that they did?
                          If wikipedia is to be believed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_Globetrotters
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

This is a much more reliable list:

http://www.apbr.org/trotters.html

Neither are mentioned

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X