The Babe's first home run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Babe's first home run?

This is an easy one for any hard core Babe Ruth worshipers, but it might be nice for those who don't already know.

Who did the The Behemoth of Bust hit his first home run off and when did he do it?
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Only fitting that it was off a career Yankee.
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
      Only fitting that it was off a career Yankee.
      I believe it was if I remember correctly. I think it was a game he (Babe) pitched a CG giving up one run and 5 hits or in that nature.
      "The AL Team representing Orange County" - Joe Buck "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim near the Arrowhead Pond, south of Santa Barbera" - Dan Patrick "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of USA...near San Juan Capistrano" - Peter Gammons...Chris Berman

Comment

Good stuff guys.

It was May 6, 1915 at the Polo Grounds against the arch rival Yankees. Jack Warhop was the pitcher.

I'm going to post something a little better in the history forum.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X