All-expansion team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-expansion team

Another stupid thread. Let's see if we can make an all-time team with only players from expansion teams, the year they played on the expansion team. Note: this is limited to post-1960 teams.

I'll start it off:

SP: Gene Brabender, Seattle Pilots
    OF: Lou Piniella, '69 Royals

i would add more but i don't feel like it
    Last edited by Erik Bedard; 02-14-2006, 04:17 PM.

Frank J. Thomas, OF, '62 Mets
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Andres Galarraga, 1B
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Bryan Harvey, RP

Comment

Don McMahon, RP

Comment

Leon Wagner, OF

Comment

1B: Nate Colbert '69 Padres (their first star)
              1B: Marv Throneberry '62 Mets (perfect team for him)
              SS: Jim Fregosi '61 Angels (will always be remembered as the guy traded for Nolan Ryan)
              SS: Coot Veal '61 Senators (like the name)
              P: Diego Segui '69 Seattle Pilots and '77 Seattle Mariners (played for 2 expansion teams)
              P: Jay Hook '62 Mets (has a masters degree in thermodynamics)
              P: Tom Cheney '61 Senators (once struck out 21 batters in a game)

Comment

Joe Niekro, SP

Comment

Fred McGriff, 1B

Comment

Dick Donovan, SP

Comment

Rusty Staub, OF

Comment

Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
                        Another stupid thread. Let's see if we can make an all-time team with only players from expansion teams, the year they played on the expansion team. Note: this is limited to post-1960 teams.

I'll start it off:

SP: Gene Brabender, Seattle Pilots
                        OF: Lou Piniella, '69 Royals
                        Are we going by how the player did that year, or their career (like Wade Boggs)?

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                          Are we going by how the player did that year, or their career (like Wade Boggs)?
                          Only how the player did that year, not in the past or the future. For example, Jim Bouton (everyone's favorite or least favorite Pilot) won 39 games in two years in the 60s with the Yankees, but with the Pilots he was just o.k.

Comment

Richie Ashburn mets 1962

Comment

Was he good in '62? I don't recall the '62 mets having anyone really good.

I've got another one to add: Tommy Harper, '69 Pilots

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X