Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the 1st Latino player to win the MVP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the 1st Latino player to win the MVP?

Clue; Toward the end of his career, he won a batting title, but batted 20 points below his career batting average.
    Hello again everybody, it's a bee-yoo-tiful day for BB.

Originally posted by BBapplepie View Post
    Clue; Toward the end of his career, he won a batting title, but batted 20 points below his career batting average.
    Ted Williams? I don't know if he counts.

He had a Mexican American mother.
    Hey, look! Player X was really good for about five years in the '80s! WHY ISN'T HE IN THE HALL OF FAME???

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Zoilo Versalles was the first Latin born player, and the first player born outside the U.S. to win MVP. The 2nd part of your clue doesn't fit so it's a trick question.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Versailles was the first latin player to be named MVP. But he never won a batting title. So I have no idea who you are referring to.
        27 World Championships
        22 retired numbers
        Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
        Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

I suppose you could be talking Ernie Lombardi. Italy could be considered the original Latin country. But I think that's a stretch.
          27 World Championships
          22 retired numbers
          Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?
          Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

I think he's referring to Williams-it's a stretch, but as mentioned, his mother was Mexican-American.

Comment

BigRon you're correct as Williams mother was Mexican no matter how you stretch it. This wasn't meant to be trick question, as this is a fact.

Comment

BigRon you're correct as Williams mother was Mexican no matter how you stretch it. This wasn't meant to be trick question, as this is a fact.
                Is the correct answer Ted Williams?
                Hey, look! Player X was really good for about five years in the '80s! WHY ISN'T HE IN THE HALL OF FAME???

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

Ted Williams won his last batting title in 1958, but you know that of course. So what was his lifetime batting average at the end of 1958?
                  Do you know what Williams batting average was in 1959? of course you don't. It was 254. Do you know what he batted in 1959, of course you don't, it was 305, another 40+ under his avg.
                  Couple of days ago was my first time on this site in many years, over the years baseball trivia questions change because records change. That why I stop doing trivia Q&A.
                  You're saying this is a trick Q, also said understatement in that and false clue. I don't intend to trick you or me.

Comment

I'm sorry if I caused any offense.
                    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                    2. Barry Bonds
                    3. Ty Cobb
                    4. Ted Williams
                    5. Willie Mays
                    6. Alex Rodriguez
                    7. Hank Aaron
                    8. Honus Wagner
                    9. Lou Gehrig
                    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

TI got the correct answer first, in post #2.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X