No announcement yet.

Last player to hit more HR's in season than an entire team in the same league i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last player to hit more HR's in season than an entire team in the same league i

For instance Ruth hit 59 HR's in 1921 which was more than 5 teams entire total of HR's that year.
    Who was the last to do this, although he only outhomered 1 team
    Modern era 1903-2019
    Last edited by leagueleader; 02-16-2020, 04:01 PM.

I know the last player to do it was Ralph Kiner, but Im just not sure about the year, or if the team he out-homered was in the AL or NL...

Comment

Originally posted by josh24 View Post
      I know the last player to do it was Ralph Kiner, but Im just not sure about the year, or if the team he out-homered was in the AL or NL...
      Not Kiner, he never hit more HR's than one team in the same league.

Comment

Originally posted by leagueleader View Post

Not Kiner, he never hit more HR's than one team in the same league.
        Well I looked it up and apparently he was the last to do it if included AL and NL together (1949, 54 HR vs White Sox's 43 HR), so I was confused.

If its in the same league criteria, then I guess it has to be Joe DiMaggio (39) and Joe Gordon (32) in 1948 with more HRs than the Washington Senators (31 HR).

Comment

Originally posted by josh24 View Post

Well I looked it up and apparently he was the last to do it if included AL and NL together (1949, 54 HR vs White Sox's 43 HR), so I was confused.

If its in the same league criteria, then I guess it has to be Joe DiMaggio (39) and Joe Gordon (32) in 1948 with more HRs than the Washington Senators (31 HR).
          Well, that was fun for everyone if you looked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRon View Post

Well, that was fun for everyone if you looked it up.
            My bad, I was almost sure it was Kiner since a similar question popped up months ago here as well, and Kiner was the answer, so I checked it.
            Sorry for spoiling it :/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X