X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brooklyn
    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Seattle1 View Post
    Yep that's right. I can't remember right now who hit the triple for #3,000. I think it was a relatively recent one though.
    Paul Molitor

Comment

• Utter Chaos
      • Sep 2003

Jim Palmer never gave up one grand slam home run in his entire career.
      You mean his major league career. He did give up one in the minors. Some guy named Bench.
      July 1, 1967 http://www.baseballlibrary.com/ballp...age=chronology

Comment

• Seattle1
        Mariners
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Utter Chaos View Post
        You mean his major league career. He did give up one in the minors. Some guy named Bench.
        July 1, 1967 http://www.baseballlibrary.com/ballp...age=chronology
        Details, details...

Comment

• Utter Chaos
          • Sep 2003

Details, details...

I know, I know. I just think that not giving up any in the majors but giving up one in the minors to another Hall of Famer makes the question more interesting.

Comment

• 9RoyHobbsRF
            The Natural
            • Jan 2009

Tonight Tim Lincecum recorded his 500th career strikeout. He has done this in the fewest amout of games (69) faster than any Giant since 1900.
            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
            3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

• bob
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
              Tonight Tim Lincecum recorded his 500th career strikeout. He has done this in the fewest amout of games (69) faster than any Giant since 1900.
              Pretty impressive he did it in fewer GAMES than any Giant since he averages significantly less innings per game than giants of the past.

Comment

• Brooklyn
                • Jan 2000

MLB / NHL symmetry

23 pitchers have recorded 300 wins in their MLB career
                23 goalies have recorded 300 wins in their NHL career

Randy Johnson is very likely to ruin this symmetry by becoming the 24th pitcher to win 300.

Nikolai Khabibulin is also sitting on 299. Assuming he returns next year (his contract just expired but he is expected to re-sign), he should restore this symmetry - at least for the next few years.

Comment

• Utter Chaos
                  • Sep 2003

More along the 300 victory theme.

Randy Johnson is going for win #300 tonight vs the Nationals. The Nationals have won 298 games since moving from Montreal. If only they could have won one more game.

Walter Johnson is the only pitcher to win his 300th game in relief.

Comment

• josh24
                    Dominican Dandy
                    • Aug 2008

Harold Baines had 20 seasons with double-digits in HR (10+), but never hit 30 or more HR.

Kenny Rogers has/had 14 seasons with double-digits in W, but he never won 20 games.
                    Last edited by josh24; 06-04-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• west coast orange and black
                      • Aug 2004

st. louis manager tony la russa did not hit a home run nor steal a base during his ml career of 5+ seasons.
                      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

• RuthMayBond
                        Out in LF (Bartman of BBF
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by west coast orange and black View Post
                        st. louis manager tony la russa did not hit a home run nor steal a base during his ml career of 5+ seasons.
                        Heck, he only had one year with more than one RBI
                        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

• west coast orange and black
                          • Aug 2004

in 1967 cubs pitcher ken holtzman went 9-0 (12 starts) while serving in the military and being available on only occasional weekends.
                          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

• 9RoyHobbsRF
                            The Natural
                            • Jan 2009

In 1974, The Oakland A's became the first team in baseball history to win six consecutive post season series.
                            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

• josh24
                              Dominican Dandy
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                              In 1974, The Oakland A's became the first team in baseball history to win six consecutive post season series.
                              That was the answer for the trivia, right?
                              Cool

Comment

• 9RoyHobbsRF
                                The Natural
                                • Jan 2009

I don't think I posted it on this site, but this is kinda cool.

My dad was a former minor league player and met or knew a lot o players through SF prep baseball or the SF sandlots or minor league baseball.

I am pretty sure he and Art Schallock knew each other from way back but in 1989 my parents retired to the wine country in Sonoma and their neighbor were the Schallocks (it was a new retirement community).

My dad brought me over to meet Art, who pitched for the Yankees in the 50s. Mr. Schallock brought me to his living room and showed me a framed newspaper headline from a NY paper in 1951

YANKEES SEND DOWN MANTLE TO MAKE ROOM FOR SCHALLOCK

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X