The exact number, going into 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The exact number, going into 2006

Post 1900, how many of the 16,000+ players in MLB history have hit a home run?

Hmm. Let's say 5,017.
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

I'd go with 5980, but I'm not too sure.
      EDIT : 6072 would seem more probable.
      Last edited by Chicoutimi CP; 02-28-2006, 07:11 AM.
      « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

I'll take a wild guess

6,739. Oh wait, my "guess" took into account 19th Century players. I refuse to change my guess to only include "modern" players. So there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Guru
          6,739. Oh wait, my "guess" took into account 19th Century players. I refuse to change my guess to only include "modern" players. So there.
          Pretty good for a wild guess

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/...de=all&HS=true
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

another wild guess

6538?

Completely random.

Comment

So what's the answer?
              WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Originally posted by Zito75
                So what's the answer?
                Did you look at post #5?
                Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X