website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website

have you seen this? you can match any 2 teams and see who would win.
    http://www.whatifsports.com
    ...still plays with cars

I played the 1888 NY Giants, NL champions, against the 2005 Pirates, who finished last in the NL Central. The Pirates won 6-0. League quality rules!

Comment

It's a nice diversion. I felt a bit better knowing Duke got lucky the year they beat UNLV after running the 1000 game sim.
      I wish they had boxing on that site.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

WIS is an amazingly good fantasy baseball site. It would be fun to set up a private FanHome league there... if we could find 24 people willing to pay the $13.
        "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
        - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

According to WIS, the Reds could have beaten the White Sox in 1919 even if the Sox hadn't thrown it. I simmed eight games, and the Reds won five, thus giving them the crown. I also simulated the '69 Pilots against the '05 Devil Rays... not even close. 19-3 Pilots. Ouch. Also, the '67 Sox could have beaten the '27 Yankees in a best-of-seven series, as well as the '75, '78, '86, and '04 Sox. AND I simulated the Series in 1904. The Sox swept in five.

Comment

The problem in terms of Sox-Reds in 1919 is that the sim isn't accurate for the lineup and rotation of the teams. For instance for the White Sox you can't have Dickie Kerr pitching and Red FAber is the only other starter available besides Cicotte and Williams. Also the lineup they provide for both teams is not the lineup they used in the WS. On top of that there are no relievers so there is no pinch hitting.

Kerr pitches game 3 and game 6 and wins. So if we ignore game 3 and 6 and chalks those up as wins for the White Sox and sim the rest I get the Reds winning game 1, 2, and 4. The White Sox winning games 5, 7, and 8. I simmed each series game 9 times and used the lineup and starting pitcher that was actually used in the real games. The Reds won the first 3 games 18-9. The Sox won the next three games by 21-6.

The Sox win the series in 8 games.

Comment

Do you need to sign up to sim games because I set it up but there is no where to click to get the game started.

Comment

If you are doing a matchup, you have to click the "set home" and "set away" tabs. Then you can play.

There are way too many possible matchups...:grouchy
                RIP - HGF [1937-2009]

Comment

WhatIfSports

This is an amazing website. I played the 1962 Mets at 1971 Senators and the Mets won 3-2(!) I played the 1969 Seattle Pilots at 1962 Houston Colt .45's and the .45's won 6-5 in thirteen innings. Thanks for telling us about it!

Comment

I just did the 1906 Cubs vs. the 2001 Mariners and the Mariners took three straight.
                    Same thing happened with 1963 Mets vs. 2004 Mariners (Which was a dissapointing season except for Ichiro)

Go Mariners!
                    Last edited by 1905 Giants; 04-14-2006, 01:05 PM.
                    “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"Fill in any figure you want for that boy (Mantle). Whatever the figure, it's a deal." - Branch Rickey

Comment

The 2005 Jays just beat the 93 Jays 4-2.

Comment

OK, just for laughs I did the 1998 Yankees vs. the 1963 Mets and the Yankees absolutely Crushed them 25 to 3
                        “There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” Walter Lippmann

"Fill in any figure you want for that boy (Mantle). Whatever the figure, it's a deal." - Branch Rickey

Comment

Game

1969 Senators vs. 1969 Expos at Jarry Park. (Joe Coleman vs. Jerry Robertson) The Expos won 9-3 as Mack Jones hit 3 homers and Robertson pitched a complete game 6 hitter.

Comment

OK, I probably have the most bizzare win on this site.

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders, who had a .130 win pct. beat the 1975 Reds

6-3!

Comment

Games

Who was the big gun on the Spiders??? I played the 1969 Padres vs. the 1969 Senators. Padres 8-4
                              I also played the 1954 Dodgers vs. 1954 Giants. Giants won 9-3

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X