Seems easy enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems easy enough

How many times in his professional baseball career did Ted Williams win a batting triple crown and fail to win the league MVP the same season?
    "Here's a crazy thought I've always had: if they cut three fingers off each hand, I'd really be a great hitter because then I could level off better." Paul Waner (lifetime .333 hitter, 3,152 lifetime hits.

Originally posted by Buzzaldrin
    How many times in his professional baseball career did Ted Williams win a batting triple crown and fail to win the league MVP the same season?
    Twice, I think off the top of my head. I'll look it up to make sure.

Comment

Two is NOT the correct answer. Your Baseball Encyclopedia can't help on this one.
      "Here's a crazy thought I've always had: if they cut three fingers off each hand, I'd really be a great hitter because then I could level off better." Paul Waner (lifetime .333 hitter, 3,152 lifetime hits.

Comment

ANY batting triple crown, or THE batting triple crown?

Comment

he also did it in 1938 - american association - (43, 142, .366)
          Last edited by Brian McKenna; 03-04-2006, 02:43 PM.

Comment

BKMcKenna is right- Williams won the AA triple crown the year before he hit the majors, but lost the MVP to Ollie Bejma and Whitlow Wyatt.

can you imagine winning 3 triple crowns and not winning any of those MVP's? or finishing third in ther balloting? What the hell does a guy have to do?

Can you name the only other player who's won three triple crowns in professional baseball?

Comment

Can you name the only other player who's won three triple crowns in professional baseball?
              Josh Gibson?
              WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

Nope, trickier than that (actually, it's a hard question)

Comment

Sandy Koufax, Walter Johnson AND Pete Alexander
                  Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                  Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X