baseball movie quiz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baseball movie quiz.

out of all the movies i have seen only roy hobbs from the natural and crash davis of bull durham were left handed batters.how many more can you name?

I suppose the fact that the REAL Joe Jackson batted lefty but was portrayed as a righty on Field of Dreams doesn't count?

Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth had a movie made about them. Then there was Gary Cooper portraying Gehrig.
    Last edited by Dodgerfan1; 04-29-2008, 06:29 AM.
    Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

How about "Pride of the Yankees"?
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

And, of course, the fairly recent "Babe".
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Didn't Bernie Mac and Tom Selleck bat lefthanded?

Comment

The actor who played Joe Jackson on Eight Men Out also batted lefty.
            Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Comment

Lou Collins, played by Timothy Busfield, in Little Big League.

Comment

I remember that they had a heck of a time teaching Coop to hit left handed, So they fiddled with the film to make it realistic. Of course one of the guys that played Gehrig's teammate was a pretty good lefty batter in Pride of the Yankees

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Originally posted by soberdennis View Post
                  I remember that they had a heck of a time teaching Coop to hit left handed, So they fiddled with the film to make it realistic. Of course one of the guys that played Gehrig's teammate was a pretty good lefty batter in Pride of the Yankees
                  Correct. The had his uniform number and lettering on backwards and had him bat righty and then run ot third base. Then they reversed the negative to make it look right.
                  Author of Big League Trivia - Facts, Figures, Oddities and Coincidences from our National Pastime.
                  www.big-league-trivia.blogspot.com

Comment

Did any of the Bad News Bears or their opponents bat lefthanded?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X