When was the last REAL Doubleheader Played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last REAL Doubleheader Played

When was the last REAL Doubleheader (as opposed to a day-night Doubleheader) Played...

When was the last Day Doubleheader
    When was the Last Twi-Night Doubleheader

Not sure but I'll add that split doubleheaders are not new things. The AL was doing it in the earliest years.

Comment

You mean the last originally-scheduled-as-a doubleheader?
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

On 04-224-2008 the Royals played a bona fide doubleheader against the Tribe in KC. It was not a scheduled Dher, though. The second game was the reschedule of the game that was rained out the night before.

Naturally that is not a "scheduled" double header which I think is what the author is after.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

It looks like Minnesota and Oakland had a scheduled doubleheader on May 26, 2001. Don't know if it was the last one or not though.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-75031880.html
          LET'S PLAY 2! The Twins turn back the clock this weekend not only by wearing the 1901 Washington Senators uniforms but by bringing back a baseball tradition - the doubleheader.

Comment

I should have repharsed when was the last SCHEDUALED Double header

Comment

Originally posted by zahavasdad View Post
              I should have repharsed when was the last SCHEDUALED Double header
              I'll still go with May 26, 2001 unless somebody finds something different.

Comment

Yes. And do Urban Shocker's wins on Sep. 6 1924 (both 6-2 complete game wins SLB>CHW) at Comiskey not count as a Doubleheader?

Comment

I'll take a wild guess and suggest the last time a scheduled double-header, as of the spring-or-winter-season-publishing-date league schedule had it listed, would have been in the early 1970s. Let's make it specific, May of 1972.

Come to think of it, I have the spring training guides at home from my years growing up, all stuffed in a box somewhere and still dry. I could rummage through all of that, and find it should I have the time someday. Then again, having the time isn't likely.
                  Last edited by abolishthedh; 12-09-2015, 05:26 PM.
                  Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

According to this article, the 16th of July 2011 between the Los Angeles Angels and the Oakland Athletics.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12...-doubleheaders
                    "You can't hit what you can't see" - Walter "Big Train" Johnson

Comment

Apparently, there have been 2 scheduled DH since 2011.

HOU @ COL - May 28, 2012
                      TEX @ ARI - May 27, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by josh24 View Post
                        Apparently, there have been 2 scheduled DH since 2011.

HOU @ COL - May 28, 2012
                        TEX @ ARI - May 27, 2013
                        Thanks for the info. The home parks of the newest two franchises I note

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X