The outfield with the most.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The outfield with the most.

1. Which single season starting outfield had the most career hits?

2. Which single season starting outfield had the most career home runs?

note: the definition of "starting outfield" is the 3 players that played the most games in the outfield for the team during the season.

Originally posted by Utter Chaos
    2. Which single season starting outfield had the most career home runs?

note: the definition of "starting outfield" is the 3 players that played the most games in the outfield for the team during the season.
    The '63 Giants have got to be up there
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

1. Which single season starting outfield had the most career hits?
      1912 BoSox (and 63 Jints) maybe didn't do too bad?
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        The '63 Giants have got to be up there
        As a matter of fact they are up there pretty far. Mays (660), McCovey (521) and Felipe Alou (206) for a total of 1387 career home runs!

Comment

1912 BoSox (and 63 Jints) maybe didn't do too bad?
          Keep trying!

Comment

Keep trying!
            mid-60s Pirates?

Comment

'26 Pirates?

Comment

mid-60s Pirates?
                '26 Pirates?
                Nope and nope.

HINT: your first guesses were over 1700 hits off

Comment

1. Which single season starting outfield had the most career hits?[/i]

I'll take the 1916 Detroit Tigers of Cobb, Crawford and Veach for 9,214.
                  Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                    I'll take the 1916 Detroit Tigers of Cobb, Crawford and Veach for 9,214.
                    Getting closer. You're still 161 hits short (+/- some scoring descrepencies).

Comment

The '24 Tigers: Cobb-Heilmann-Manush.

Comment

Originally posted by VIBaseball
                        The '24 Tigers: Cobb-Heilmann-Manush.
                        With a total of 9373!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X