Burnt Toast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt Toast

This player in his very first start of the season ends up performing so well it becomes his last start and his last appearance in the major leagues. He does this by setting some dubious records. Who is this player?

This sounds like John Paciorek to me.

Comment

Might even be Aubrey Epps. I am a little confused by "played so well" and "dubious records".
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Also it could be George Shultz who had a Complete game and no earned runs in his only game.
        go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

Originally posted by RedSoxVT92
          Also it could be George Shultz who had a Complete game and no earned runs in his only game.

Shultz = Stultz.
          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Incorrect on all players.

The player in question is a pitcher. He did get a complete game but he set some records doing it that most people wouldn't want.

Comment

Is it John Grimes? He plunked 6 batters in his first start, a complete game, and retired.
              "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

Nope.

This pitcher had pitched before, it was simply his first game and last game of that year and his career.

Comment

An unanswered question.

Comment

Doc Hamann :dismay::disbelief::choke:
                    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Satchel Paige???? - oldest pitcher to start a game

Comment

Incorrect, though one of you is close.

Comment

King Bailey?
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

No. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous View Post
                              No. . . . .
                              But am I on the right track?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X