Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "A" Bombs

Who were the "A" Bombs?
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Originally posted by runningshoes53
    Who were the "A" Bombs?
    Huh?

I don't get it.

Comment

Unless you know who they are, you probably wouldn't.

They were players..I'm not saying how many.
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
        Who were the "A" Bombs?
        I think one of the atomic bombs dropped on Japan was called "Fat Boy", so would we be talking . . .
        . . . Prince Fielder?
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Wait, would that be like Houston's "Killer B's"?

Comment

Something to do with the old Milwaukee Braves? Hank Aaron and Joe Adcock?
            sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursa Major
              Something to do with the old Milwaukee Braves? Hank Aaron and Joe Adcock?
              You got it!
              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X