Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    We have a winner! It was indeed Dave Nilsson.

I thought there would be more than six on the list, but what do I know. Congratulations, gents.

Leave a comment:

• ian2813
    replied
    Dave Nilsson? He had a pretty good final season, if I remember correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Clue number three: By not American- I mean he's not from either North or South America

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Clue number two: he's not American

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Clue number one: he was only once a All-Star, and it was during his final season, though he was not a starting player.

Leave a comment:

• Brooklyn
    replied
    just looked it up. The last one is very tough. I'd recommend more clues

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
    Dave Orr for pre 1900

And Bingo!

Belle and Bonds don't make it.
    Last edited by Buzzaldrin; 04-19-2012, 05:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brooklyn
    replied
    Did Albert Belle do it? He had a pretty good year one of his years in Baltimore, but may have been his first one

Leave a comment:

• PVNICK
    replied
    Bill Lange. Unless I missed it Barry Bonds hasn't been guessed, though I don't know about .300.

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzaldrin View Post

Nimrod- one of the remaining two is pre 1900, but let's be clear: it was ridiculously hard to post a .500 slugging percentage back then, so this was a pretty monster final season since it's the only one pre 1920 that makes the list.
    Dave Orr for pre 1900

Leave a comment:

• Buzzaldrin
    replied
    Ken Williams 1929 season is indeed the answer to number 6. Clemente does not fill the bill (but good guess).

Nimrod- one of the remaining two is pre 1900, but let's be clear: it was ridiculously hard to post a .500 slugging percentage back then, so this was a pretty monster final season since it's the only one pre 1920 that makes the list.

The other one is quite recent- in fact it's within the past 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    Williams is the answer to the 150 PA.But it is KEN Williams(not Ted).I have a feeling that the other answers are mostly pre-1900 players.
    Last edited by Nimrod; 04-18-2012, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    Originally posted by brett View Post
    Lefty O'doul?
    I posted a quiz regarding O`Doul recently(about having more homers than SO in his last season)and thought of him immediately.He fits the bill(for the 150 PA) EXCEPT his OBP was .383.
    Last edited by Nimrod; 04-18-2012, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brett
    replied
    Lefty O'doul?

Leave a comment:

• brett
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzaldrin View Post
    Will Clark is indeed on the list.

Puckett didn't make .400 OBP his final season, but for the third guy at the top of the list you're thinking along the right lines, i.e. someone whose career ended abruptly and tragically.

Ed Delahanty? I know he was great in his last full season but not sure how much he played in the very last one.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X