Played in Four Decades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played in Four Decades

Let's name the 29 players who have played in four different decades (ex. 1960's, 70's, 80's and 90's). No cheating please.

1. Ted Williams (1939-1960)
    2. Tim McCarver (1959-1980)
    3. Jamie Moyer (1986-2012)
    4. Minnie Minoso (1949-1980, FIVE decades)
    5. Jim Kaat (1959-1983)
    6. Jesse Orosco (1979-2003)
    7. Nolan Ryan (1966-1993)
    8. Rickey Henderson (1979-2003)
    9. Omar Vizquel (1989-2012
    10. Jim O'Rourke (1872-1904)
    11. Eddie Collins (1906-1930)
    12. Carlton Fisk (1969-1993)
    13. Tim Raines (1979-2002)
    14. Ken Griffey Jr. (1989-2010)
    15. Mike Morgan (1978-2002)
    16. Willie McCovey (1959-1980)
    17. Mickey Vernon (1939-1960)
    18. Bobo Newsome (1929-1953)
    19. Dan Brouthers (1879-1904)
    20. Bill Buckner (1969-1990)
    21. Early Wynn (1939-1963)
    22. Jerry Reuss (1969-1990)
    23. Deacon McGuire (1884-1912)
    24. Rick Dempsey (1969-1992)
    25. Jack Quinn (1909-1933)
    26. Jack Ryan (1889-1913)
    27. Nick Altrock (1898-1924)
    Last edited by GiambiJuice; 04-25-2012, 11:22 AM.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Ted Williams
    Tim McCarver
    Jamie Moyer
    Does Minnie Minoso count?
    Jim Kaat might be one but I don't know for sure, same for Jesse Orosco

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
      Ted Williams
      Tim McCarver
      Jamie Moyer
      Does Minnie Minoso count?
      Jim Kaat might be one but I don't know for sure, same for Jesse Orosco
      All are correct. Good job.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Nolan Ryan
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Phil Niekro
          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Stan Musial
            Ted Williams....already picked

Comment

Nolan Ryan is correct. Niekro and Musial are incorrect and Ted Williams was already guessed correctly by PVNICK.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Rickey Henderson

Comment

Omar Visquel

Comment

Jim O'Rourke and Eddie Collins. I said like 8 guys off the top of my head and finally looked them up because I could no longer wait.
                    Last edited by bluesky5; 04-24-2012, 03:56 PM.
                    "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Fisk and Raines

Comment

Griffey, mike Morgan and McCovey

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
                          Griffey, mike Morgan and McCovey

yes mccovey
                          1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                          2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                          3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think Mickey Vernon did it.

Comment

Bobo Newsom, Jim O'Rourke, and Nick Altrock maybe?
                              "Heck, all I got was a $100 check. I should have kept it and framed it, but I had to eat".

Infielder Bob Hegman, when asked if he received a World Series ring for playing one inning of one game with the World
                              Champion 1985 Kansas City Royals.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X