League leaders with the same last name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League leaders with the same last name

As you probably know, a Cabrera might win the batting title in each league this season.

1. Can you name a pair of players with the same last name that led each league in a statistic? In the same year.
    2. Can you name a pair of players with the same last name that tied for the league lead (in the same league) in a statistic? In the same year.

There may be more than one correct answer to each question.
    Last edited by ipitch; 09-21-2012, 09:59 AM.

Robinsons in doubles. Not sure of year - early 60s. Frank in NL, Floyd in AL.

Comment

Does Sabathia count, when, in 2008 CC tied for the league lead in shutouts in both leagues?
      Last edited by Brooklyn; 09-21-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
        Robinsons in doubles. Not sure of year - early 60s. Frank in NL, Floyd in AL.
        Correct. 1962.

Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
        Does Sabathia count, when, in 2008 CC tied for the league lead in shutouts in both leagues?
        I'll give you 1/2 credit.

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
          As you probably know, a Cabrera might win the batting title in each league this season.

Still a great question, but looks like it won't happen this year as Melky was, more or less*, just ruled ineligible.

* I saw more or less, because they changed the rule to say suspended players aren't elligible for the exception if they have less than 3.1 plate appearances/game. If the Giants somehow wind up with 161 games, it sounds like he'd be eligible

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
            Still a great question, but looks like it won't happen this year as Melky was, more or less*, just ruled ineligible.

* I saw more or less, because they changed the rule to say suspended players aren't elligible for the exception if they have less than 3.1 plate appearances/game. If the Giants somehow wind up with 161 games, it sounds like he'd be eligible
            Yeah, I just read that he asked to be ruled ineligible today, and his wish was granted.

The number of games that the Giants play would not have mattered either way. For whatever reason, it doesn't go by games played, it goes by scheduled games. So, it's 162 x 3.1 no matter what.

Comment

By the way, there is at least one more pair for question #1.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X