Weekly Sporcle Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Sporcle Challenge

Every semi-week I will post a baseball quiz from Sporcle. Post your score, and person with the highest gets 2 points. Second gets one point. Only post your score after the first time you take it. We're on the honor system here; I have no problem with a Ken Jennings winning every week, but don't ruin it by cheating.

This week's quiz will start rather simple. Name the lifetime .300 hitters since 1947. I'm not participating in this, but I'll post my score nonetheless.

Week 1: Lifetime .300 hitters since 1947
    Tyrus4189Cobb score- 42/55
    Winner- ian2813 55/55
    Runner up- Gee Walker 49/55
    Average- 45.5/55 (eight participants)
    Last edited by Tyrus4189Cobb; 09-24-2012, 02:54 PM.
    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

44. Missed a couple that I should have gotten, but I had no chance at most of the ones I missed

Comment

I got 44 also. I can't believe I missed Josh Hamilton and Roberto Alomar. I woulda had a tough time with the rest of em though.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I got 49. I seem to have problems with Pittsburgh and Atlanta players.

Comment

So far Gee Walker is in the lead with chicago and Brooklyn in second (and me unofficially in last).

Comment

I took this quiz last month and got 55/55. Does that count, or do I have to take it again?
            Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

I've been playing these things now for the last 5 hours. I did very well on the top 5 homerun hitters per season. I think I got 182 out of 200.
              "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                I took this quiz last month and got 55/55. Does that count, or do I have to take it again?
                No I believe you. You're an honest guy, ian.

I'm thinking of making these once every three days instead of weekly. We'll see how many participants I get

Comment

A disappointing 42. I spent too much time trying to think of certain players and should have moved on to knock the easy ones off first. Finally did that with 30 seconds left, but ran out of time. There are a few I never would have gotten though.
                  "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                    A disappointing 42. I spent too much time trying to think of certain players and should have moved on to knock the easy ones off first. Finally did that with 30 seconds left, but ran out of time. There are a few I never would have gotten though.
                    I won't put the name but the player who played for the Reds and Tigers in the 90's and 00's was a tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                      I won't put the name but the player who played for the Reds and Tigers in the 90's and 00's was a tough one.
                      Another I would never have gotten (even with no clock) was the one who played from late 60s to early 80s with Atlanta, Chicago & California.
                      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

The least guessed on the quiz was the player who played 1962-1982, mostly with the Dodgers and a few years in Pittsburgh. Never would've gotten him.

Comment

43 out of 55.

Missed 14, 20, 22, 25, 31, 33, 35, 36, 39, 44, 50. (though I got one on a two for one that I wouldn't have).
                          Last edited by brett; 09-22-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I'm going to bump this in case anyone else wishes to participate. If not I'll move on

Comment

mota was easy

missed garciappara piazza greer hamilton morris casey arod thomas alomar and kruk
                              1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                              2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                              3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X