Semi-Weekly Sporcle Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-Weekly Sporcle Challenge

Every semi-week I will post a baseball quiz from Sporcle. Post your score, and person with the highest gets 2 points. Second gets one point. Only post your score after the first time you take it. We're on the honor system here; I have no problem with a Ken Jennings winning every week, but don't ruin it by cheating.

Week 1 Part 1: Lifetime .300 hitters since 1947
    Tyrus4189Cobb score- 42/55
    Winner- ian2813 55/55
    Runner up- Gee Walker 49/55
    Average- 45.5/55 (eight participants)

This week's quiz: Top of the Batting Order (2000s)
    Tyrus4189Cobb score- 68/120
    Average- 68.7/120 (six participants)
    Scores:
    ian2813- 2 points
    Gee Walker- 1 point
    Last edited by Tyrus4189Cobb; 09-25-2012, 01:38 PM.
    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

It's not showing that that particular game was found.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I Fixed it.

Comment

I scored 61. Not very good, alot of those guys I know I wouldn't have guessed though.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Apparently I played this game back in March of 2011 and scored 81 out of 120. Since it had been such a long time, I played it again and scored 80/120. I guess I'm getting slower in my old age.
          Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

55 not too good
            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
            3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

I only got 77 but I'm sure I would've gotten a lot more on my computer instead of my phone.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

71. missed some obvious ones but not too bad

Comment

Unless someone beats 80, ian again will be victor. So far 6 participants with an average score of 68.7. I was only 0.7 behind

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

One more call

Comment

Are we going to do another one?
                        Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X