HR list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR list

At the end of the 1998 season, when baseball fans looked at the career HR list, they must have thought that it was a typo when it came to the number 286. What was so unusual about the list following that season?
    This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

I'm guessing more than one guy was tied with 286 homeruns?
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Two guys with same name -- Frank Thomas?

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
        Two guys with same name -- Frank Thomas?
        Bingo

What are the odds that The Big Hurt would finish a season with that total?
        This week's Giant

#5 in games played as a Giant with 1721 , Bill Terry

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post

about 2-3%

Comment

Originally posted by JR Hart View Post

about 2-3%

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
              about 2-3%
              That's about what I get; what conditions did you include?
              Indeed the first step toward finding out is to acknowledge you do not satisfactorily know already; so that no blight can so surely arrest all intellectual growth as the blight of cocksureness.--CS Peirce

Comment

I think Jim and Gaylord Perry had the exact same W-L record or something similar at a certain point in their careers

from September 22 to September 26, 1975, Gaylord and Jim Perry’s career records were identical, 215-174.”
                Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 11-09-2012, 07:11 PM.
                1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X