Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Negative WAR Seasons - BBWAA HOFers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    How about Harmon Killebrew for 1b and Rabbit Maranville at SS.
    Last edited by Nimrod; 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
      How about Harmon Killebrew for 1b and Rabbit Maranville at SS.
      Yup. 5 -WAR seasons for each. (I always assume Maranville was a VC pick..., but he wasn't.)
      Last edited by dgarza; 11-28-2012, 08:58 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Of the players left, 2 are pre-integration, but all the rest of Post-War.

        Comment


        • #19
          i'll take a flier and say Paul Waner RF

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
            i'll take a flier and say Paul Waner RF
            No. All his seasons were 0.0 or better.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dgarza View Post
              Perez is a real good guess. He had 4 such seasons, but there is another player associated with 1B who had 5 such seasons.
              George Kelly?

              Comment


              • #22
                Andre Dawson and Carlton Fisk.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Joltin' Joe View Post
                  George Kelly?
                  1B has been answered - Killebrew. Kelly was a VC pick.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                    Andre Dawson and Carlton Fisk.
                    Yes & Yes.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      only DH I can think of in the Hall is Molitor

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        The two remaining outfielders have to be white players who played all or most their careers before 1947.Al Simmons(LF-CF) hung around a bit too long at the end of his career trying in vain to get hit number 3,000.Simmons is my guess.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
                          only DH I can think of in the Hall is Molitor
                          Thank you. Yes.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                            The two remaining outfielders have to be white players who played all or most their careers before 1947.Al Simmons(LF-CF) hung around a bit too long at the end of his career trying in vain to get hit number 3,000.Simmons is my guess.
                            Incorrect. Remember, there are still 2 more secondbasemen to be accounted for as well.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I'll guess Johnny Evers for second.
                              Indeed the first step toward finding out is to acknowledge you do not satisfactorily know already; so that no blight can so surely arrest all intellectual growth as the blight of cocksureness.--CS Peirce

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Lou Brock (LF)?

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X