Comment

Eddie Collins and Nap Lajoie at 2B.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
          Eddie Collins and Nap Lajoie at 2B.
          Lajoie is one of them...

Comment

Originally posted by dgarza View Post
            1B has been answered - Killebrew. Kelly was a VC pick.
            Some defense of Killebrew- he was a bonus baby and spent 2 or 3 years with the Senators right out of high school due to the rules of the time.

He played very few games, and was over his head in terms of the competitive situation. I didn't check, but I imagine 3 or 4 of his negative years were in the first 4- 5 years of his career, when he rarely played and had the benefit of little Minor League experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRon View Post
              Some defense of Killebrew- he was a bonus baby and spent 2 or 3 years with the Senators right out of high school due to the rules of the time.

He played very few games, and was over his head in terms of the competitive situation. I didn't check, but I imagine 3 or 4 of his negative years were in the first 4- 5 years of his career, when he rarely played and had the benefit of little Minor League experience.
              Yes, you are right. Those years came at the beginning of his career when he was mostly a 3B, and some came at the end of his career when he was used more often as a DH.

Comment

I was thinking, since it's only 2 seasons, that the other 2B might be Hornsby. I'm stumped on CF- I almost guessed Hack Wilson, but he wasn't BBWAA, was he?

I'm going to go out on a limb and try Willie Mays for CF. '52 was a short season, and he stuck around past his prime, so maybe...
                Found in a fortune cookie On Thursday, August 18th, 2005: "Hard words break no bones, Kind words butter no parsnips."

1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988 2017?

Comment

Originally posted by toomanyhatz View Post
                  I was thinking, since it's only 2 seasons, that the other 2B might be Hornsby.
                  Yes it is.

I'm stumped on CF- I almost guessed Hack Wilson, but he wasn't BBWAA, was he?
                  Hack Wilson was a VC pick.

I'm going to go out on a limb and try Willie Mays for CF. '52 was a short season, and he stuck around past his prime, so maybe...
                  Not Willie Mays, but you are in the right ballpark, and I kind of mean that literally as well...

Comment

Duke Snider?

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                      Duke Snider?
                      That's everybody!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X