Leave a comment:

• PVNICK
    replied
    Duke Snider?

Leave a comment:

• dgarza
    replied
    Originally posted by toomanyhatz View Post
    I was thinking, since it's only 2 seasons, that the other 2B might be Hornsby.
    Yes it is.

I'm stumped on CF- I almost guessed Hack Wilson, but he wasn't BBWAA, was he?
    Hack Wilson was a VC pick.

I'm going to go out on a limb and try Willie Mays for CF. '52 was a short season, and he stuck around past his prime, so maybe...
    Not Willie Mays, but you are in the right ballpark, and I kind of mean that literally as well...

Leave a comment:

• toomanyhatz
    replied
    I was thinking, since it's only 2 seasons, that the other 2B might be Hornsby. I'm stumped on CF- I almost guessed Hack Wilson, but he wasn't BBWAA, was he?

I'm going to go out on a limb and try Willie Mays for CF. '52 was a short season, and he stuck around past his prime, so maybe...

Leave a comment:

• dgarza
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRon View Post
    Some defense of Killebrew- he was a bonus baby and spent 2 or 3 years with the Senators right out of high school due to the rules of the time.

He played very few games, and was over his head in terms of the competitive situation. I didn't check, but I imagine 3 or 4 of his negative years were in the first 4- 5 years of his career, when he rarely played and had the benefit of little Minor League experience.
    Yes, you are right. Those years came at the beginning of his career when he was mostly a 3B, and some came at the end of his career when he was used more often as a DH.

Leave a comment:

• BigRon
    replied
    Originally posted by dgarza View Post
    1B has been answered - Killebrew. Kelly was a VC pick.
    Some defense of Killebrew- he was a bonus baby and spent 2 or 3 years with the Senators right out of high school due to the rules of the time.

He played very few games, and was over his head in terms of the competitive situation. I didn't check, but I imagine 3 or 4 of his negative years were in the first 4- 5 years of his career, when he rarely played and had the benefit of little Minor League experience.

Leave a comment:

• dgarza
    replied
    Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
    Eddie Collins and Nap Lajoie at 2B.
    Lajoie is one of them...

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    Eddie Collins and Nap Lajoie at 2B.

Leave a comment:

• dgarza
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackaroo Dave View Post
    I'll guess Johnny Evers for second.
    Evers was not a BBWAA choice.

Leave a comment:

• dgarza
    replied
    Lou Brock (LF)?
    Lou Brock it is

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    Lou Brock (LF)?

Leave a comment:

• Jackaroo Dave
    replied
    I'll guess Johnny Evers for second.

Leave a comment:

• dgarza
    replied
    The two remaining outfielders have to be white players who played all or most their careers before 1947.Al Simmons(LF-CF) hung around a bit too long at the end of his career trying in vain to get hit number 3,000.Simmons is my guess.
    Incorrect. Remember, there are still 2 more secondbasemen to be accounted for as well.

Leave a comment:

• dgarza
    replied
    Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
    only DH I can think of in the Hall is Molitor
    Thank you. Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Nimrod
    replied
    The two remaining outfielders have to be white players who played all or most their careers before 1947.Al Simmons(LF-CF) hung around a bit too long at the end of his career trying in vain to get hit number 3,000.Simmons is my guess.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X