Most Without

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Without

Can you name the players that have the most in one category without having something in another?

Who has....

The most games played without a plate appearance (it's a reliever)?
    The most PAs without ever hitting a home run (non-pitcher)?
    The most PAs without ever hitting a home run (pitcher)?
    The most losses without a win? Terry Fulton (0-16)
    The most wins without ever having a 20-win season? Dennis Martinez
    The most games played without ever stealing a base (since 1920, non-pitcher)?
    Last edited by Tyrus4189Cobb; 12-28-2012, 10:56 AM.
    "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

I believe Dennis Martinez has the most wins without a 20-win season.

The other ones are too hard for me :-)
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Is the first one Mike Marshall. Not talking about his 106-game season with the Dodgers. He pitched in 90 or so games once with the Twins.

Comment

Most losses without a win has to be Terry Felton (0-16).
        "Heck, all I got was a $100 check. I should have kept it and framed it, but I had to eat".

Infielder Bob Hegman, when asked if he received a World Series ring for playing one inning of one game with the World
        Champion 1985 Kansas City Royals.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
          Only one off the top of my head is Cecil Fielder. He went 1097 games without a SB. It was such big news, ESPN broke in with the replay just after it happened.
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Mike Marshall is incorrect. Fulton and Martinez are correct

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
            Only one off the top of my head is Cecil Fielder. He went 1097 games without a SB. It was such big news, ESPN broke in with the replay just after it happened.
            I'm looking for the player who has the most games and never stole a base (he is in fact an active player). Fielder swiped two.

I added another question, also

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
              I believe the question is the most games without ever stealing a base.
              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

My bad. I read it as longest until a SB. How about Chris Snyder? I'm figuring it almost has to be a catcher.
                "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
                  Can you name the players that have the most in one category without having something in another?

Who has....

The most games played without a plate appearance (it's a reliever)?
                  The most PAs without ever hitting a home run (non-pitcher)?
                  The most PAs without ever hitting a home run (pitcher)?
                  The most losses without a win? Terry Fulton (0-16)
                  The most wins without ever having a 20-win season? Dennis Martinez
                  Mick kelleher came to my mind for no homers?

Comment

I think Tommy Thevenow has the record for most AB without a HR. Whether someone else has it on PA, I don't know.
                    Most PA by pitcher without HR -- Don Sutton?

Comment

Kelleher isn't a bad guess, but he is has the 20th most PA amongst all non-pitchers who never homered. Thevenow is also incorrect. As a hint, I will tell you that this guy played from 1871-1885 primarily in center field.

Don Sutton has the most amongst all pitchers beyond 1900. The #1 guy played from 1874-1884, qualifying as a HoFer for some people

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X