Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stole home - twice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I stole home - twice!

    Who was the last person to steal home twice in one game?

    No looking it up!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Who was the last person to steal home twice in one game?

    No looking it up!
    Total stab... Carl Everett?
    WAR? Prove it!

    Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

    Comment


    • #3
      The only time I ever personally saw a steal of home that was not part of a 1st & 3rd double steal was Rod Carew with the Twins back in the 1970's. I would guess that it was done twice by a player that was part of a 1st & 3rd double steal. I have no real guess, but I would think about it happening when Billy Martin was managing a great base stealer, like Rickey Henderson. He is too obvious, so I would have no official guess.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
        Total stab... Carl Everett?
        Gotta go back in time a bit further.

        Originally posted by wes_kahn View Post
        The only time I ever personally saw a steal of home that was not part of a 1st & 3rd double steal was Rod Carew with the Twins back in the 1970's. I would guess that it was done twice by a player that was part of a 1st & 3rd double steal. I have no real guess, but I would think about it happening when Billy Martin was managing a great base stealer, like Rickey Henderson. He is too obvious, so I would have no official guess.
        Incorrect. You're getting closer to the time period by mentioning the 1970s, but you're not there yet.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
          Who was the last person to steal home twice in one game?

          No looking it up!
          Greg Gange? Or maybe he was the last to hit two IPHR in one game.
          Author of Big League Trivia - Facts, Figures, Oddities and Coincidences from our National Pastime.
          www.big-league-trivia.blogspot.com

          Comment


          • #6
            With the 1970's hint I'll guess Bert Campaneris and Dave Concepcion.
            My top 10 players:

            1. Babe Ruth
            2. Barry Bonds
            3. Ty Cobb
            4. Ted Williams
            5. Willie Mays
            6. Alex Rodriguez
            7. Hank Aaron
            8. Honus Wagner
            9. Lou Gehrig
            10. Mickey Mantle

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
              Who was the last person to steal home twice in one game?

              No looking it up!
              Was it Dick Allen?
              Author of Big League Trivia - Facts, Figures, Oddities and Coincidences from our National Pastime.
              www.big-league-trivia.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • #8
                I said he was getting closer to the era by mentioning the 1970s, I didn't say it was in the 1970s. Think late 1950s.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                  I said he was getting closer to the era by mentioning the 1970s, I didn't say it was in the 1970s. Think late 1950s.
                  Luis Aparicio?
                  My top 10 players:

                  1. Babe Ruth
                  2. Barry Bonds
                  3. Ty Cobb
                  4. Ted Williams
                  5. Willie Mays
                  6. Alex Rodriguez
                  7. Hank Aaron
                  8. Honus Wagner
                  9. Lou Gehrig
                  10. Mickey Mantle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Vic Power did it once in his career-how about him?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                      Vic Power did it once in his career-how about him?
                      Vic Power is correct.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That is awesome. I was just thumbing through some 1987 Topps cards I found in some boxes of books I dug out of the closet. On the back of #422, Mitch Webster it said:

                        On this date
                        August 14, 1958: Vic Power stole home plate twice in game for Indians. Vic's 1958 Topps card was #406.

                        Should have looked at those cards a bit sooner!
                        "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X