Baseball was, is, and always will be to me the best sport-Babe Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by dwj21792 View Post
        e
        Were you a non-pitcher?
        I was not a pitcher.

Comment

• Monte Irvin?
          "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

• Originally posted by PVNICK View Post

I'm a doctor not a calligrapher, now stop asking me for signatures. (I have nothing better unless "I don't know what I <3 more Yoan Moncada's batting approach or Josse Abreu's defense.)

My career ended before 1959.

My primary team is not in it's original city
            Going with the second portion, has to be baseball themed signature.

Was your primary team the Philadelphia A's?
            Since its that time of year
            Do they still play the blues in Chicago, when baseball season rolls around?
            When the snow melts away, do the Chi-Sox still play, in horribly named burial ground?

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

• Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post

Going with the second portion, has to be baseball themed signature.

Was your primary team the Philadelphia A's?
              His primary league was the N.L. and he played OF. I thought maybe Irvin because he was a SS with the Newark Eagles but played LF with the New York Giants.
              "No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

• Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post

His primary league was the N.L. and he played OF. I thought maybe Irvin because he was a SS with the Newark Eagles but played LF with the New York Giants.
                Ah, missed the AL clue.

Revise to say "Was your primary team the LA Dodgers?"
                When the snow melts away, do the Chi-Sox still play, in horribly named burial ground?

Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Comment

Ah, missed the AL clue.

Revise to say "Was your primary team the LA Dodgers?"
                  It can't be the Dodgers because they made the playoffs this year. It has to be the Giants. He played primarily in the outfield for an N.L. team before westward expansion. The team he played for is currently in a city west of the Mississippi and didn't make the playoffs this year. He was either a Dodger, Giant or Brave. Braves are east of the Mississippi and the Dodgers are in the NLCS. So it's a New York Giants outfielder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluesky5 View Post

hypothetically, he could have been a catcher. But Irvin sounds like a good possibility.
                    27 World Championships
                    22 retired numbers
                    Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?

Comment

• Yikes, I missed the clues this round!

Did you play in the Negro Leagues?

Comment

• My primary team was not the Dodgers.
                        I did not play in the negro leagues.

Comment

• Did your MLB career end before Dec. 7, 1941?

Comment

Did your MLB career end before Dec. 7, 1941?
                            My career did not end before the bombing of Pearl Harbor

Comment

• I totally missed it. I am not Monte Irvin.

Hint: you could say I am a double double man

Comment

• Were you a part of the 47 Giants?
                                27 World Championships
                                22 retired numbers
                                Isn't it great to be a Yankee fan?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X